[resolved] Parental Control Performance Issue

The parental control on the cloud is the great concept. I tested and it works for my kids accounts.Unfortunately, it is not usable .. Most of the time I can not get to the dash board... The busy going-around symbol just hang in there forever.. But when I can get to the dashboard (on ly 10% of the time), the control work as expected.. I was able to control the web schedule, blacklisted bad web sites.. Thanks to it, I found a spyware on my kid browser plugin, which monitored his web search..

I aslo found the logs are too busy and details.. It logs activities almost every second and have hundreds logged items for short period of time.. which is unessary for me, and that could be the cause of the performance issue.

Fix the performance issue pls..

Comments

• Adel92
    edited July 2012

I had the same issues exactly like you

"Most of the time I can not get to the dash board... The busy going-around symbol just hang in there forever.. But when I can get to the dashboard (on ly 10% of the time),"

1343295721381.bmp

86944522.png

i hope that support team help us :(

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello :)

Are you using a wireless connection? Also, have you tried to manually login on http://my.bitdefender.com with another browser?

Thank you!

• mitza97
    mitza97
    edited July 2012

Personally, to connect to mybitdefender i don't use wireless connection. And i tested with Internet Explorer 9, same problem...that loading message and sign spinning arround... <_<

• Hello :)

Are you using a wireless connection? Also, have you tried to manually login on http://my.bitdefender.com with another browser?

Thank you!

i tried working on wire & wireless connections on more than one network

& i tried on multiple browses like IE,Firefox,Opera

and in all i have encountered the same problem

not me only ,many users as is earlier posts & comments here in bitdefender forums

which requires consideration of the matter technically

thanks

• uppp

• yes i also getting this issue when i used both wireless and wire connection on all explorers you can try care4teen.com/ this is the best parental control module.

thanks!

• the problem exist for this moment :huh:

• I have the same issue. I've tried Safari and IE and the screen just hangs on loading.

I go to the website - mybitdefender and I cant get access to Parental Controls there either.

I'm sorry I upgraded from 2011 to 2013, not that Parental Controls worked on 2011 either!

Bitdefender: if you roll out a feature make sure it works!

• I wonder if BDTS 2012 was a better product. Is the product bdts2013 still under testing?....

• It works now. the parental control now responds very fast. Not sure what the company did but I don't have that issue any more.

I still other issues but that will be another thread

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello :)

Thank you very much for your feedback!

The latest update for Bitdefender 2013 included an upgrade for the Parental Control module.

I will consider this resolved and we will continue the conversation in that other topic.

Take care.

This discussion has been closed.