Bd 2013 Ts Mybitdefender Website And Chrome

Hi, I recently installed BD 2013 TS and although the system end appears to be stable (new features etc) unless I'm using IE or Firefox the my.bitdefender.com functionality doesn't work. I can get to the main screens but clicking on parental controls for example does nothing. Could this be a javascript issue? Anybody else seeing this problem?

I'm using Chrome 21.0.1180.79 (Latest rev)

Comments

• Hi, I recently installed BD 2013 TS and although the system end appears to be stable (new features etc) unless I'm using IE or Firefox the my.bitdefender.com functionality doesn't work. I can get to the main screens but clicking on parental controls for example does nothing. Could this be a javascript issue? Anybody else seeing this problem?

I'm using Chrome 21.0.1180.79 (Latest rev)

Hi. I have the same problem <_< ... Parental Control doesn't work anymore on my computer, on any browser. How could I make it work? I use a administrator user on Windows 7 and I used it in TS 2012 very well seeing that the Parental Control in Win7 doesn't work on user with admin rights...

Is there a setting to manipulate or something to download in addition?

I'm using Chrome 21.0.1180.79, Firefox 14.01 on Windows 7 Home Premium SP1

• Hi. I have the same problem <_< ... Parental Control doesn't work anymore on my computer, on any browser. How could I make it work? I use a administrator user on Windows 7 and I used it in TS 2012 very well seeing that the Parental Control in Win7 doesn't work on user with admin rights...

Is there a setting to manipulate or something to download in addition?

I'm using Chrome 21.0.1180.79, Firefox 14.01 on Windows 7 Home Premium SP1

Well I've found a bit of a workaround, from the BitDefender App on the PC, I can click on My Bitdefender menu and get to the functions but Parental Controls are still badly broken.

The only thing that seems to work is the device location feature of anti-theft.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello :)

Thank you for your feedback!

Do you have any custom extensions installed in your favorite browser? Do you have a wireless connection?

Thank you!

• Hello :)

Thank you for your feedback!

Do you have any custom extensions installed in your favorite browser? Do you have a wireless connection?

Thank you!

Quite a few extensions but other websites, i.e., Amazon.com, Google Apps, etc. all work fine.

Extensions I have are WOT, Ghostery, Adblock, https everywhere but that's also on Firefox as well. IE, no plugins. Also, wired, wireless it doesn't matter. I will say with the recent software development and bugs being fixed in my.bitdefender.com, it is working better but I'm also quite concerned that all this coding seems to be going on as this product has rolled out isn't what I expected from a matur.e, or tested product. I see icons changing, features changing and being added and then access to things that we were able to get to now suddenly being blocked by "Premium Parental Control" required. What that tells me is that product decisions are being made on the fly and then implemented without a lot of thought being put into them. That's not what I really want from a product that I have to depend upon.

I have a remote session with support scheduled for 9AM today so we'll see what they say. <_<

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello :)

Can you please tell me if the issue was resolved in the remote session?

Thank you!

• Hello :)

Can you please tell me if the issue was resolved in the remote session?

Thank you!

Actually no, there was a couple of things that couldn't be resolved. So with Today's update however I can now add Blacklisted items as well as look back in the history of applications and websites. The other licensing issues seem to be resolved as well. I am testing blacklists with applications and websites as well.

The website is now working much better with Chrome By the way and I haven't removed or changed any extensions. The only suggestion I have is that there be a session timeout on the cookies you store. There appears to be no expiration say of an hour or two. I can go back into my.bitdefender.com after a day and it'll still take me to my screen without forcing me to login.