Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[escalated]laptop Mode - Auto Pilot

When I unplugged my laptop Bitdefender Antivirus 2013 switches to laptop mode. Normal. I open up the GUI and it is switched to user mode. Normal. I plug my laptop back in and Laptop mode turns off. Normal. I open up the GUI and autopilot is NOT on. User mode is still on. Not normal. Please address and correct. Thanks.

Comments

• Anything on this? Is Christian the only mod in here? :unsure:

• columbo
    columbo
    edited October 2012

Hi Aventador :)

A short answer to your question, Christian is the only Tech Support mod here, the are a couple of other mods., but he takes care of the lions share here on the forum.

The saving of settings has been addressed here by other members too, the second link gives us hope for a future fix to some of these "minor' glitches. Hang in there friend. :)

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=156485

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=161692

Kind regards,

Columbo

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited November 2012

Hello :)

The issue was escalated to our developers.

All those events are related to the fact that right now the product can not restore the initial status. So basically, if you are in Auto Pilot and it automatically goes in Laptop Mode, when Laptop Mode is turned off automatically or manually, the product won't be restored in Auto Pilot.

This situation won't affect the security of the system.

I will let you know when I have more data on this.

Thank you for your patience and for the cooperation with BitDefender team.

Have a great weekend!

• Hello :)

The issue was escalated to our developers.

Thanks, I can wait, I am in holidays in Granada :rolleyes:

• Hello Max :)

Welcome back!

We will talk more about this when you get back home.

Take care.

• Seems there's been no progress with this bug. As I mentioned in another thread, I'm experiencing a similar problem. Going into laptop mode is fine, but when I plug my computer back in, auto-pilot and auto-scan don't turn back on....

I'm using BitDefender Antivirus Plus 2013 (trial version) with Windows 8.

• Same problem with "Game Mode" and "Autopilot Mode".

• I am looking for this solution too. I always use user mode, but everytime my laptop reboot or back from dead ( turned on ) the mode always said Auto Pilot.

I want my bitdefender always on User Mode

• I am looking for this solution too. I always use user mode, but everytime my laptop reboot or back from dead ( turned on ) the mode always said Auto Pilot.

I want my bitdefender always on User Mode

That's funny because I have exactly the opposite problem! :-) How long is it going to take for Bitdefender to fix this?!

To be honest, the programme works perfectly well in manual mode, but what's the point of Autopilot if I have to manually switch it on every time I plug my laptop back in?

I'm using Windows 8, by the way.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello everyone,

As Christian already announced before, the developers are working on this issue. If we don't have enough time to apply the fix in Bitdefender 2013, rest assured we will migrate it in Bitdefender 2014. As a workaround, you can keep the Autopilot always enabled by disabling automatic laptop mode / game mode from Settings > General.

Thank you all for your feedback and for your patience.

• Sorry to say this, but are the devs working on anything at all?

Ever since we installed the 2013 version, several problems started appearing. I am not running on a laptop, yet every time the pc goes to sleep or reboots, the autopilot function is disabled again. There is no laptop mode available, and game mode is disabled. The last reply from the devs in this topic has been 4+ months ago, and I'm asking myself what the ###### are you people doing, this looks like a minor bug to be solved right?