Sold Licence Already Activated?

Hi,

I have assisted my friend to choose BD as protection for his laptop. This was in 2011 so he bought BD Total Sec 2011. These days license expired, so he bought Total Sec 2012 license.

PROBLEM: New licence was entered at 2011 version, and system acceped... But instead 365 days it shows that license expires in 291 day. I'm almost sure that serial was activated before he sold license to my friend... Explanation from computer shop guy was that is problem is with 2011 version and that we should install 2012 first, then enter new serial number. So my question is: Did you guys have similar situation? I suspect of fraud in this case but I have to be sure before I go for action.

thanks

Comments

• Hello Nera an welcome to the forum,

Disputed license that expires in 291 days probably was in a package of 3 or more licenses.

Someone who has sold that license to you were separated them and sold individually.

When activated first license from one "box" then it will start to expire days from the others, regardless of when they are used in the product.

Unfortunately, my opinion is that You have been deceived !

Regards.

• Thank you Alexx,

I'm still waiting to get message from support to make sure where to check info.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello :)

Please send me a PM with the license and your email address.

DO NOT POST THEM ON THE FORUMS!

Take care.

• Christian,

sent you lic and my e-mail.

regards

Nera

• Christian,

any news on this problem? Did you receive my PM to you, with lic number and my e-mail?

thanks

Nera

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

The current license key was generated for BitDefender Total Security 2011 on 2011/10/03 and it was activated on 2012/07/24.

Please send me via PM the following information:

Have you bought the product online or offline from one of our distributors?

If purchased online, please give us your:

1. order ID, name of the online/retail store,

2. your full name and the e-mail address used when you made the purchase,

3. the purchased product,

4. the date of purchase,

5. country and some other information you might find useful.

We are looking forward to your reply.

Have a great day!

• Christian,

thank you. U the man..:)

I have sent PM to you. I need your e-mail address so my friend can contact you and supply all info need to investigate case.

cheersm8

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited October 2012

I have replied to the PM with the requested information.

Take care.