Windows 8 - New Updates - Bitdefender Virus

Bitdefender Windows 8 Security doesn't allow me to install new windows updates, because they are "infected".

Comments

• Bitdefender Windows 8 Security doesn't allow me to install new windows updates, because they are "infected".

Variant.Symmi.71 - detected in updates. Bitdefender even deleted something during Win8 boot (ELAM?).

After few attempts, eveyrthing was installed - after some time - without disabling antivirus.

• Bitdefender Windows 8 Security doesn't allow me to install new windows updates, because they are "infected".

Same thing here, I tried to uninstall without the tool and made a mess out of my system, should have RTFM. I restored a restore point, all BitDefender files were back and couldn't be uninstalled. Had to manually remove files, services and registry entries. After completely uninstalling I managed to install all Windows 8 updates except KB2764462, but this has probably nothing to do with BitDefender, ended up hiding it.

I'm now installing BitDefender 2013 again.

• I just had Bitdefender identify Windows updates as viruses. Files were removed from the Windows Temp folder. I think this was after most of the updates had installed though. I went to Windows update and checked again for updates and two more were found. Perhaps because they had been deleted before they installed the first time? One of these updates failed but it went in OK once the AV had been temporarily disabled. All seems well now.

• Hello :)

We detected a file from one of the patches related by Microsoft, but the issue was identified and the signature was removed from the market.

We are truly sorry for all the inconvenience.

Happy Holidays!