Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013 And Google Chrome

Options

Hi,

I install BD AV 2013 on my pc with windows 8 pro x64 and... google chrome don't display anything more.

I remove and reinstall many times but without result...

What can I do?

Already I read post at this link

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry157184

but problem is NOT solved!

I need an antivirus. I payed for BD 2013. I must to install another free antivirus like avast.

:-((((

Thanks for your answers.

Greetings,

Andrea

(Italy)

Comments

• Sher
    Options
    Hi,

I install BD AV 2013 on my pc with windows 8 pro x64 and... google chrome don't display anything more.

I remove and reinstall many times but without result...

What can I do?

Already I read post at this link

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry157184

but problem is NOT solved!

I need an antivirus. I payed for BD 2013. I must to install another free antivirus like avast.

:-((((

Thanks for your answers.

Greetings,

Andrea

(Italy)

Do you have Comodo Firewall installed?

• Do you have Comodo Firewall installed?

Yes, I've it.

• Sher
    Options
    Yes, I've it.

That is because of the incompatibility between Bitdefender and Comodo Firewall.

• columbo
    Options
    Yes, I've it.

I have used BD AV+ with Comodo in the past with very good results, by uninstalling the Security suite component, and disabling (uninstalling) the Defense+ module, and only running the Firewall itself. With this set up, you should be fine.

This is a 2012 thread, but has some good insights: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=126072

Sher, good call and instincts on what the problem may have been B)

Kind regards,

Columbo

• andycal
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I have used BD AV+ with Comodo in the past with very good results, by uninstalling the Security suite component, and disabling (uninstalling) the Defense+ module, and only running the Firewall itself. With this set up, you should be fine.

This is a 2012 thread, but has some good insights: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=126072

Sher, good call and instincts on what the problem may have been B)

Kind regards,

Columbo

Hi all, and thanks for your answer.

BD staff write me to disable (one per time) modules and ... at the end ... BD works fine ONLY if "Active Virus Control" is disabled.

Comodo Firewall is still installed and work fine.

Now, I'm waiting the next step to do from BD staff.

I hope that answer come ASAP.

Kind Regards,

Andrea

(Italy)

• columbo
    Options

Thanks for that update, Andrea :) Keep us posted :)

• coolcool1227
    coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options

Commodo Defence +

Comodo's host-based intrusion prevention system (HIPS), named Defense+, is designed to provide protection against unknown malware. It is designed to restrict the actions of unknown applications, and restrict access to important files, folders, settings and the Windows Registry. Defense+ employs Default Deny Protection, by default refusing any unknown file permission to install or execute except when specifically allowed by the user or when the file appears on Comodo's whitelist.

AVC

Bitdefender Active Virus Control is an innovative proactive detection technology which uses advanced heuristic methods to detect new potential threats in real time.

Active Virus Control continuously monitors the applications running on the computer, looking for malware-like actions. Each of these actions is scored and an overall score is computed for each process. When the overall score for a process reaches a given threshold, the process is considered to be harmful and it is blocked automatically.

I think both Bitdefender's AVC and Commodo's HIPS (Defense +) can't work together and atleast one should be disable so that the other can function properly. While Bitdefender has no HIPS integrated, one can use Commodo HIPS with Bitdefender AVC disabled.

• Commodo Defence +

Comodo's host-based intrusion prevention system (HIPS), named Defense+, is designed to provide protection against unknown malware. It is designed to restrict the actions of unknown applications, and restrict access to important files, folders, settings and the Windows Registry. Defense+ employs Default Deny Protection, by default refusing any unknown file permission to install or execute except when specifically allowed by the user or when the file appears on Comodo's whitelist.

AVC

Bitdefender Active Virus Control is an innovative proactive detection technology which uses advanced heuristic methods to detect new potential threats in real time.

Active Virus Control continuously monitors the applications running on the computer, looking for malware-like actions. Each of these actions is scored and an overall score is computed for each process. When the overall score for a process reaches a given threshold, the process is considered to be harmful and it is blocked automatically.

I think both Bitdefender's AVC and Commodo's HIPS (Defense +) can't work together and atleast one should be disable so that the other can function properly. While Bitdefender has no HIPS integrated, one can use Commodo HIPS with Bitdefender AVC disabled.

Thank you very much for your answer.

I'm waiting (from BD staff) for a patch that repair the issue, seen that AVC don't work ONLY with Google Chrome (with IE and Firefox is OK).

Best Regards,

Andrea

• coolcool1227
    Options

Its not an easy task to make compatible third party's technology with their own. The best solution which I think is that Bitdefender should have its own HIPS that can work along with AVC and IDS. AVC is the state-of-the-art technology by Bitdefender but IDS + AVC ≠ HIPS, which you can verify easily by your own.

• felipegte
    edited January 2013
    Options

I'm having the same problems here (BitDefender 2013 + Chrome) on my windows 7 x64 machine.. I'm really considering removing bit defender from the machine and get over with this annoying behavior

PS: I don't have any other security product installed in this station. Still, the problem happens

• Thinkms
    edited January 2013
    Options

Hi.

I had the same problems.

Im using Bitdefender av , Sandboxie, Firefox and Comodo firewall.

Disabling Flash protected mode , fixed all of my problems.

Add "ProtectedMode=0" to the mms.cfg file.

You may need to in admin mode to save the file.

• (it wouldn't let me edit original post)

Its seems my problems was different from yours.

But if anyone have firefox problems this may help.

• doedels
    edited February 2013
    Options

First i have issues with corrupt download, now this chrome issue. Man this Bitdefender is a terrible product, waste of money. I have lost hours of time chasing issue's that are caused by this product. It is time for me to start posting reviews and comments to reviews to prevent others from buying this. And yes i have tested other AV products like F-Secure and McAfee, they work fine. I'm gonna put my money into F-Secure from now on.