[resolved]Key Is For Online Backup Not Bd Ts 2011

I have purchased BD total security 2011 CD on entering the license key (7 characters) it is rejected as not matching the installed product then recognised as the key for the online backup and offering to register that.

should I return the CD as having the wrong key inside the case?

Comments

• George R.
    edited May 2011

Hello Kim,

Welcome to our forum.

In order to solve this issue, during the install process, you should allow the wizard to install the correct BitDefender product for which the license key was purchased. You will still have BitDefender Total Security, however you will also have access to the online backup feature.

If you wish to download the correct install kit, it can be found here

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. :)

• Thanks for the welcome ^_^

I was reluctant to install the BD TS 2011 from the CD as I already have that installed and working and did not want to end up with nothing.

From what you are saying I gather that the CD product is not the same as the download as far as the licence key is concerened.

I will go ahead with the install probably preceded by a full uninstall from previous experience. :rolleyes:

Kim.

Hello Kim,

Welcome to our forum.

In order to solve this issue, during the install process, you should allow the wizard to install the correct BitDefender product for which the license key was purchased. You will still have BitDefender Total Security, however you will also have access to the online backup feature.

If you wish to download the correct install kit, it can be found here

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. :)

• Full uninstall, using supplied tool, install from CD which found more up to date version online.

enter Key - accepted, all very smooth. :)

So just because you have BD TS 2011 installed, it dosent mean you have BD TS 2011 installed, so re install and all is well. :huh:

As zaphod beeblebrox said 'Dont knock it, it worked'

Kim.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hi :)

As the new Bitdefender 2013 product suite was released, we would like to inform you that you benefit from a FREE upgrade to the latest version.

Apart from the fact that the 2013 suite brings lots of new features and improvements, it will most likely solve any issues that you may have encountered with your previous Bitdefender product.

Please check out this announcement:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=241&id=42

Thank you.

• kmoore3776@charter.net
    edited January 2013

Hi Christian,

I have been a loyal user of BitDefender products for many years now.I have found out that the Total Security 2011 has worked the best for us with no issues.I tried the 2012 and found it to be a little hard to configure for accesing my wife's computer and my printer.Plus,there was a slowdown for my comp,not much but a little.Anyway,I was wondering if I bought a new 2013 box for Total Security 2013 for 2 years and 3 PC's,could I use the new Keys for the 2011 version?I would love to keep my version because me,my wife as well as my Dad and my 3 kids have it installed on their comps as well.It will be hard for me to put in a new version for all of them as they aren't very tach savy.Also,I have to uninstall mine because TS 2011 has taken up so much of my HDD,I am down to 5.3 Gig left on my C drive.The TS 2011 has taken up more than 30 gig of HDD space.It is formatted for 45 gig.I still have the 2011 TS x64 installer and I was wondering if it would still work.We all have Windows 7 Ultimate,me and my wife running x64 and everyone else running x32.And will we still be able to have the updates?When is the end of life cycle for TS 2011?I didn't know where to post this so I posted it here.It's funny,I am the only one of my family that has had their HDD get loaded up with the updates.That is something that I don't understand.Thank you for any help you can offer me.

• Hello :)

You can use the license key for Bitdefender 2011. All 7 character keys can be used on Bitdefender 2011/2012/2013 and those that have 20 on all products.

Also, we still provide support and updates for this product and we will provide in near future.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Take care.