Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[escalated] Home Page For Ie/ff

Bitdefender keeps changing my home page everytime it finds a treat on my PC!

I have tried all the suggestions can be found on BD forums but it still happens; and sometimes I need to restart my PC many times to get it back. It is really a lot of work to get the home page set to what it was and I have lost a lot of time doing so. Is it not possible to set a home page via bitdefender to avoid all these useless efforts to set the home page after it is changed to about:blank?

Comments

• fa355115
    edited January 2013

Hi there ... I am sure I have a Virus or malware on my computer equipped with Bitdefender 2013.

I have Windows 8 with internet explorer 10, and in Internet options, Start Page, I always have "about:blank" coming in qnd replacing my first "start page" ...

Every time I need to "remove then reinstall" Internet explorer 8 module, but every time I go to Bitdefender 2013 and suppress some of the liens below, the "about:blank" comes back ?!?

bit.jpg

What I also don't really like here is that I am not receiving a notification that bitdefender has found an infected file ... times to times I am going to the page above and see there are sometimes 100 infected files (I have 93 on the image above) ... If Bitdefender was telling me, I could see which internet page or program would harm ...

Any idea how I can get rid of this virus ?

Many Thanks !

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello,

Due to security reasons, whenever Bitdefender cleans an infection that hijacks your browser it will reset your Internet Explorer settings so there can be no traces left from the infection. Therefore the only way to make sure the disinfection routine was successful is to reset your homepage and search engine, preventing you in this way from future infections.

To see what to do when IE home page resets to about:blank please read this kb article:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/what-to...lorer-1089.html

We are working on changing the disinfection routine, so the home page won't reset anymore.

If you have further questions, do not hesitate to ask.

Have a nice day! :)