Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Audit Failure Midas32.dll

Hi All

Based on the forum article http://forum.bitdefender.com/lofiversion/i...php/t15214.html I updated from Bitdefender 2010 to 2011 to eliminate the "Microsoft-Windows-Security-Auditing" failure, event ID: 6281:

But after the upgrade, the issue remains on all 3 workstations, MS Windows 7 Professional, SP 1 32 and 64bit and the failure comes up more frequently.

The detailled event description is:

Microsoft-Windows-Security-Auditing Controllo dell'integrit� del codice: gli hash delle pagine di un file di immagine non sono validi. Il file potrebbe essere stato firmato in modo non corretto senza hash delle pagine o essere stato danneggiato a causa di una modifica non autorizzata. Gli hash non validi potrebbero indicare un errore del disco. Nome file: \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011\Active Virus Control\Midas_00088_003\midas32.dll

Also when it is only an information, but in the security stored, it creates me a lot of issues as I monitor remotely the event logs and I receive continously this alarms.

How can I resolve this issue ?

Many thanks for any type of support.

Stefano

Comments

• Hello,

The notification is due to the fact that the midas32 and midas64 DLL files are not digitally signed. Can you provide me with a Support Tool log please ? Also post the version of the following files:

a) from the installation folder:

- midasal.dll;

- midascomm.dll;

- midasdp.dll;

B) from C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011\Active Virus Control\Midas_XXXXX_XXX

- you need to open the folder with the highest number in the folder name (Midas_00090_010 in my case )

- midas32.dll

To generate Support Tool log file follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file along with a detailed description of the issue you encounter and the link to this topic.

Looking forward to your answer!

• Hi Dany

I would like to send you the input as requested.

Unfortunately, I cant uplaod the files, I receive the message Upload failed. You are not permitted to upload this type of file".

How can I send you the files ???

regards

Stefano

• If you tried to upload the file to this forum, no, it is against forum rules and not allowed. If you re-read steps #8 - 10 in the procedure DanyDan linked you to, he provides a website to use for uploading and instructions to PM him the information.

Regards,

• Oohhps, who can read is in advance, sorry.

I uploaded the files and sent the link per PM.

Many thanks, hope to receive a feedback soon.

Stefan

• Unknown
    edited May 2011

Hello Stefan,

I have finish the analysis of the logs you sent. I have found the Spybot Search & Destroy software installed with the Registry Protection module enabled:

50    TeaTimer.exe    4124    3464    6    Idle

Due to the protection on the Windows registry, protection assured by Spybot, BitDefender couldn't be installed properly. I would strongly recommend you to uninstall Spybot and BitDefender follow by a Windows registry clean-up using a free tool like CCleaner or Argente Registry cleaner.

Also I have noticed that you do not have the latest versions of the midas DLL files therefore I can come to the conclusion that BitDefender have not updated lately. All issues should be resolved upon reinstalling BitDefender as explained below:

You can uninstall Spybot from Add/Remove Programs in Windows Control Panel. Restart the PC then save the uninstall tool below to correctly remove BitDefender:

http://www.bitdefender.com/uninstall

When the file is saved, right click on it and select "Run as Administrator". Click on the Uninstall button then wait to be asked to restart the PC when the uninstall process is complete.

After restart, clean your PC using the registry cleaner program then restart the PC again.

Click HERE to download CCleaner registry cleaner

Once the Windows registry cleaning is complete and the PC has been restarted, save the file below depending on your PC architecture:

- the English version of BitDefender Antivirus Pro 2011:

32-bits BitDefender Antivirus Pro 2011 - English version

- the Italian version of BitDefender Antivirus Pro 2011:

32-bits BitDefender Antivirus Pro 2011 - Italian version

64-bits English version:

BitDefender Antivirus Pro 2011 - 64-bits - English version

64-bits Italian version:

BitDefender Antivirus Pro 2011 - 64-bits - Italian version

When you have finish downloading the installation file, right click on it and select 'Run as Administrator'. Follow the on-screen instructions and finish the installation.

Last but not least, regarding the Event Viewer notifications related to BitDefender, be kindly informed that we have fixed the number of messages displayed by BitDefender in the Windows Event Viewer. Please note that you still may receive few debugging messages in the Event Viewer, however, I find this normal to happen. If you need any further clarification on the matter feel free to ask.

Please let me know if the issue is now resolved. Looking forward to your answer!

Kind regards,

• Dear Dany

I've done the following work, as requested, but unfortunately the issue remains:

- Uninstall Spyboot

- Restart PC

- Uninstall Bitdefender with uninstall tool

- Restart PC

- Install and execute PCleaner (registry cleaning)

- Restart PC

- Download last Bitdefender version

- Install Bitdefender (run as administrator)

- Update Bitdefender

- Restart PC

The issue is noted on MS Windows 7 64bit and 32 bit version.

I will create the documentation as the last time and provide you the details as PM.

Regards

Stefan

• Hello Stefan,

When you say that the issue still occurs, are you referring to the notifications in the Windows Event Viewer ? If so please read my last statement:

Last but not least, regarding the Event Viewer notifications related to BitDefender, be kindly informed that we have fixed the number of messages displayed by BitDefender in the Windows Event Viewer. Please note that you still may receive few debugging messages in the Event Viewer, however, I find this normal to happen.

Regards,

• Hallo,

I know this topic is quite old, but at the company I work in we decided to stick to BD2011.

We recently updated one PC from WinXPsp3 to Win7 with a fresh install, installed and updated Bitdefender2011 and are unluckily facing the same problem with the Audit Failure Midas32.dll here described.

How can we solve this?

Best regards

filippo

• Hello :)

This is known warning message and is generated because Active Virus Control is injected in some Windows components.

The product is working perfectly, but that warning will appear in Windows Events.

In Bitdefender 2013, latest build the issue was resolved because the new Active Virus Control SDK uses a new injection type that won't interfere with those components and won't affect the overall protection of the system.

Take care.

• Hello :)

This is known warning message and is generated because Active Virus Control is injected in some Windows components.

The product is working perfectly, but that warning will appear in Windows Events.

In Bitdefender 2013, latest build the issue was resolved because the new Active Virus Control SDK uses a new injection type that won't interfere with those components and won't affect the overall protection of the system.

Take care.

Hallo Christian,

thank you for your answer,

I know the product is working, and I am happy with this.

Anyway I receive 20-40 warning messages a day, and as you can imagine this is quite annoying.

Upgrading to the newest 2012 and 2013 versions is not an option because they lack the flexibility we require on the firewall (i.e. the ability to open specific ports regardless of the program/executable involved, functionality which was present in versions 2008, 2009, 10, 11 and then dismissed).

Said that, from what I understand there is no solution but to receive warning messages.

Thank you again for your answer.

filippo