White List ?

There is an option to blacklist websites, but I can not figure out how to allow web sites that are being blocked by the age profile settings? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Hi.

I'm using TS 2013 and I would like to allow to my children the access to a "flash games" site while still locking other money game sites.

I was a user of TS 2010 where it was possible to do such thing but with TS 2013 I cannot do this anymore.

Can someone help me ?

Thanks.

• Hi Haarkon Le Nain :)

As far as I know, you may have to work using only the Blacklist, in this sense, having your parental controls set for your children, go to the sites you want to block, then when it shows up in your Web Report, select the website you wish to block by blacklisting it.

parentalblacklist-1.jpg

Hope this helped :)

Columbo

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello :)

Welcome to the forums!

There is no whitelist option for now implemented in this module, but I already posted a feature request on your behalf.

Thank you very much!

• Thank you. I was looking all over for that option.

• As I remember in a previous version (2010 or 2011 I don't remember well) was the facility to block all the traffic except addresses from the white list.

From my point of view this was one of the most important feature for parental control. Why is not available in the newest versions?

Why to block an infinity of sites just to remain the ones we allow? Is impossible task. Is far better to block all and allow only the ones we agree.

This feature combined ( simultaneous) with the time schedule will do almost all the necessary steps to control the internet behavior of the cildren

• Hello!

It's just a little hidden.

When you're in your Dashboard, click on parental control, then choose a child on the left side panel. Soon after click the word "web" that will meet just below the main title of the picture, which reads "activity for (child's name)". Once you click you will see 4 buttons on the top right of the frame. One will be the "Blacklist". Click it. In there you will see the options available to block or allow a domain, among other actions. Good Luck!

(Forgive my English, I'm Brazilian.)

;-)

• Thank you for posting this, Foggia.

Indeed, we also have a whitelist for parental control. If any of you needs further assistance please don't hesitate to post back. :)