White List Option In Control Parental

mitza97
mitza97
edited March 2013 in Parental control

Hello.

I think an White-List option is good to be implemented in Parental Control, not only Black-List.

It will be good for add an site incorrectly categorized to White-List. In this way, Parental Control will not block that site incorrectly categorized. (i have such examples of webpages incorrectly categorized).

Comments

• I agree. A whitelist for trusted websites etc is a must have with a category based filter. Having to turn off a whole category just to see a site that you trust is a little problematic, and it makes most of the categories less than useful.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello, please see this topic: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=180171

You can configure Parental Control to also allow a certain web page. In order to do so, please follow these steps:

- access the Parental Control panel

- on the left-side menu select the user you want to have access to a website

- go to Web panel and click the 'Blacklist' button

- enter the address of the site in the 'website' field and hit 'Allow' > OK.

If there is anything else please feel free to post back.

• Thanks very much Georgia for reply.

I don't see that option. :rolleyes:

Have a nice day!

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

You're more than welcome, mitza97.

Feel free to contact us again with any questions you might have about the Bitdefender product.

• Hi Georgia, I do not have that option to ADD a site that is OK to a whitelist etc. And how do you allow a site that is already blocked, to be allowed ? I am using BD Total Security 2013

• I have a specific type of whitelist - can I do this with the current Bitdefender product?

The "user" is a homework account, which I only want to be used for homework, not for general surfing, regardless of how safe (otherwise my kids would "do homework" all day long, none of it homework. IN this way, I want a pure whitelist.

Can I do something like blacklist all sites, e.g. *, etc and then override this blacklist with whitelist entries?

Thanks,

Chuck