Dcs World Crashes With Bd2013 Parental Control Installed

Hello,

I have installed BD2013 parental control on my machine.

On my machine, i have installed a game called DCS world combat flight simulator.

When starting DCS world with BD2013 parental control installed (and not yet activated for an account), DCS world crashes during the startup process of the program.

You can test this for yourself:

1. Download DCS world from the website for free (DCS world comes for free and you purchase plane models as you want on top of it).

The website for download is:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/d...s_world_english

2. Installed DCS world with standard options.

3. Start DCS world, and validate the correct workings of the program.

4. Close DCS world.

5. Go to Bitdefender parental control (on your browser).

6. Install the parental control service and add it to your machine using the BD2013 GUI.

7. Don't activate or create accounts yet to let the BD2013 parental control monitor any account.

8. Restart DCS world. You'll see it crashes in the middle of starting-up. It will crash when about 30% of the program has been loaded.

Please try to help with this one.

best regards,

Sven

Comments

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello Sven,

Welcome to the Bitdefender forum!

To further investigate this case, please post here a support tool log:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

If the file is too big to attach it, upload it on

http://www.sendspace.com

or

http://www.mediafire.com

and post the download link.

Have a nice day!

• I have uploaded the crash dump files, and also a screen capture.

Find the Bitdefender Support Tool files here:

http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/pbCJVLHpBTw3RXnLBRoGaA

Hope this data fits the purpose. Note that you can simulate easily the crash yourself.

Download DCS World, install it, activate parental control, test. You'll see the crash.

Also other DCS World uses have experienced the same, as i read on the DCS World Forum site.

Kind regards,

Sven

• I have uploaded the crash dump files, and also a screen capture.

Find the Bitdefender Support Tool files here:

http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/pbCJVLHpBTw3RXnLBRoGaA

Hope this data fits the purpose. Note that you can simulate easily the crash yourself.

Download DCS World, install it, activate parental control, test. You'll see the crash.

Also other DCS World uses have experienced the same, as i read on the DCS World Forum site.

Kind regards,

Sven

To add to that post, in the system event viewer of microsoft windows, i have a registered application error with the following error log:

+ System

- Provider

[ Name] Application Error

- EventID 1000

[ Qualifiers] 0

Level 2

Task 100

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2013-03-23T07:34:13.000000000Z

EventRecordID 46183

Channel Application

Computer Family-PC

Security

- EventData

Launcher.exe_DCS

5137942b

XAudio2_7.dll_unloaded

4c0643cc

c0000005

000007fee2dc2891

b08

01ce2798cb8202a0

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin\Launcher.exe

XAudio2_7.dll

0e756630-938c-11e2-a60e-7071bc8f622c

Hope this helps. It seems that XAudio2_7.dll is unloaded.

When i uninstall BD Parental Control, the error dissapears and i can run DCS World normally.

Please try for yourself.

Sven

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello Sven,

Thank you for uploading the logs.

It seems that your current Bitdefender product is 'Bitdefender Total Security 2013', which already includes the Parental Control Module. Please uninstall 'Bitdefender Parental Control - standalone', as this should work as designed only with Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013 or as a separate software.

I see that you also have a third parental control application. I will send you full instructions on how to remove it via PM.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter!

• Sorry, but have you read my email?

I have indeed bitdefender 2013 total security.

I have a problem with parental control, which prevents me to start an application.

Removing parental control indeed would solve the problem, which i already did, but that does not fix the problem, does it?

I have not installed parental control "standalone". How can i remove this?

Sven

Hello Sven,

Thank you for uploading the logs.

It seems that your current Bitdefender product is 'Bitdefender Total Security 2013', which already includes the Parental Control Module. Please uninstall 'Bitdefender Parental Control - standalone', as this should work as designed only with Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013 or as a separate software.

I see that you also have a third parental control application. I will send you full instructions on how to remove it via PM.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter!

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    edited April 2013

Hello,

Please uninstall the standalone version of Bitdefender Parental Control from Control Panel (go to Start > type "appwiz.cpl" in the search box > hit Enter > search for 'Bitdefender Parental Control' in the list > right click on it and choose 'Uninstall' ).

You will find the Parental Control right under Bitdefender Total Security:

Bitdefender Total Security 2013 version="16.26.0.1739" publisher Bitdefender
    Bitdefender Parental Control version="1.0.1.90" publisher Bitdefender

I would also recommend running CCleaner afterwards to make sure there are no leftover files. I see this software is already installed on your system.

Now, as I mentioned in the previous post, Parental Control is a feature already included in Bitdefender Total Security 2013. You don't need to install a standalone version of Parental Control for it to work. Just follow these steps:

1) Go to: https://my.bitdefender.com and login

2) Click Parental Control to access the dashboard.

3) Select the desired profile on the left-side menu.

4) If DCS world is still blocked please click on the Applications panel to access the Applications Activity window.

5) Click Blacklist. Type (or copy and paste) the path to the DCS world executable in the corresponding field and hit Allow.

Let me know how is everything going afterwards!

• Hello,

Please uninstall the standalone version of Bitdefender Parental Control from Control Panel (go to Start > type "appwiz.cpl" in the search box > hit Enter > search for 'Bitdefender Parental Control' in the list > right click on it and choose 'Uninstall' ).

You will find the Parental Control right under Bitdefender Total Security:

Bitdefender Total Security 2013 version="16.26.0.1739" publisher Bitdefender
    Bitdefender Parental Control version="1.0.1.90" publisher Bitdefender

I would also recommend running CCleaner afterwards to make sure there are no leftover files. I see this software is already installed on your system.

Now, as I mentioned in the previous post, Parental Control is a feature already included in Bitdefender Total Security 2013. You don't need to install a standalone version of Parental Control for it to work. Just follow these steps:

1) Go to: https://my.bitdefender.com and login

2) Click Parental Control to access the dashboard.

3) Select the desired profile on the left-side menu.

4) If DCS world is still blocked please click on the Applications panel to access the Applications Activity window.

5) Click Blacklist. Type (or copy and paste) the path to the DCS world executable in the corresponding field and hit Allow.

Let me know how is everything going afterwards!

Did all. On point 4. Please read my mail. DCS world CRASHES.

There is no trace in the applications activity menu.

Added the path of the DCS world executable in the corresponding field, and have enabled it.

It still crashes ...

Please try yourself first. You can download DCS world for free.

• Did all. On point 4. Please read my mail. DCS world CRASHES.

There is no trace in the applications activity menu.

Added the path of the DCS world executable in the corresponding field, and have enabled it.

It still crashes ...

Please try yourself first. You can download DCS world for free.

Actually, let me refine this response... I have deleted the standalone BD parental control utility.

After removal, BD Parental control DOES NOT WORK ANYMORE!!!

Nothing gets blocked, nothing gets detected now...

All activity on the profile is empty!

Sven

• svenvandevelde
    edited April 2013
    Actually, let me refine this response... I have deleted the standalone BD parental control utility.

After removal, BD Parental control DOES NOT WORK ANYMORE!!!

Nothing gets blocked, nothing gets detected now...

All activity on the profile is empty!

Sven

Is there any further feedback on this topic please?

Please find similar issues with other users from DCS World:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=91...ght=bitdefender

Please check the bug.

Sven