Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Leaving Kaspersky Internet Security (maybe)

I have used KIS for many years, it works fine but is a bit overweight and slows down my pc(s) more than I wish.

BitD has great technical reviews but it also has many that ###### about how bad it is from installation problems to ongoing and permanent issues with their PC after installing it.

I am looking for some info (good and bad) to help me with making this decision to switch.

Thanks,

jB

Comments

• blackdog
    edited May 2013

To be honest, it's horses for courses, in my opinion. I have made the switch from KIS to BDIS, purely because I found some cheapish BD licences on a well know auction site, so I thought I'd give it a go. I think BDIS2013 is an excellent product, other than the notifications system, which I find slightly lacking, in that notifications disappear too quickly, and the system tray icon doesn't give much in the way of information. You can have a desktop widget on view, if you want more 'real time' monitoring, but personally, I find it a little less than subtle, and I don't particularly need to continuously monitor firewall and scanning activity. Some sort of event notification on the system tray icon would be a great improvement, in my view.

There are certainly not as many configurable options in BD as with KIS, but it could be argued that a lot of the tweakability of KIS is unnecessary for day to day usage.

Boot time is much quicker on my machine with BDIS, as is web surfing and general file navigation. There is also a handy file shredder, and I like the facility to get Windows Updates via the BD interface, although, I'm not sure that it's any more advantageous than going via Windows Update itself.

As with all suites, there can be installation issues, particularly if previously installed security products haven't been fully and properly removed. My suggestion would be to give BD a trial, and see how it works for you. There is always excellent support here on the forums, should you need it.

• Comparison not allowed :rolleyes:

• Oh, sorry. I'll get me coat... :(

• My only general comment on BIS would be that it appears to update more frequently than I've been used to with other security packages in the past. So, this week I've had requests to restart my laptop on three occasions following updates. I'd have thought there would be one update a week (requiring restarts) at most? A slight annoyance, but otherwise BIS does what I want it to and has little noticeable effect on system performance. That is important to me.