Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Severe Problem With Antitheft Safe Lock

On the very first day of purchasing Total Security 2013 (1st June 2013), I have tried out the anti-theft lock...after which I could not type in the pin to unlock my computer.

I have contacted the technical support call centre 2 times, who could not help me and despite the promise of someone contacting me back to aid with the problems, no one called/e-mailed me back over roughly 2days and a half.

I have also sent PM to the technical moderator at the forum requesting assistance with this problem, but no reply thus far.

After much failure (USB keyboard, safemode reboot frozen and does not work), I finally managed by myself to unlock my computer by performing a system restore.

However, now my computer is randomly going into safelock mode without any prompting from me. With each of such episodes I need to hunt down a system restore disk, and perform a system restore in order to be able to use my computer again.

After calling the technical support again about this issue, I am told that someone else will contact me back about my problem (with the highest priority) yet again.

Meanwhile, my computer may lock out at anytime....

Since I purchased this program (JUST 3 DAYS) I have not experienced any security from it but rather a non-stop serious issues with the safe lock and lost my valuable time attempting to fix this problem. I am uninstalling the software now (and hope that is the end of this!) as I have a strong suspicion that it is a bug that I will not get any solution from the technical support.

I have filed for the immediate refund of my purchase of this program.

I will update once I have my computer back in order and get my refund.

Comments

• dizzymom
    edited June 2013

Update: I finally got a technical support from lovely Georgiana.

I believe it involves disabling the Antitheft function from the set up. Unfortunately I am not interested in such a fix. I was willing to purchase the whole package (antitheft function included) without the hassle or fear of being randomly locked out of my computer and having to system restore.

I have uninstalled the Bitdefender and now my computer (seemingly) is restored to normal.

However, I have not received any acknowledgement of my request for the refund of my purchase. I hope I receive a ticket for the refund request soon, at least!

I will update once I have my refund processed...

• Sorry to see you go dizzymom. Just curious, how many days have you had this sftware already until you had it cancelled? smile2.png

• I'm currently locked out of my laptop, because of this safe lock issue not allowing me to enter my pin through keyboard, a bit upset about the situation because I use this laptop for school work and military work and can't get back in my laptop tried customer support, and live chat and still no answer.... Need this fixed asap

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello,

@dizzymom: Thank you for your valuable feedback and hope that you will give Bitdefender another chance in the future. The refund of your order order #17675490 was processed on 2013/06/08.

@ doncht: I think this information helps: according to our refund policy, we can issue a refund only within the first 30 days from the date of purchase.

@ Jdmef9: Please find the solution in your forum inbox, I've sent you the message on Jun 7 2013, as confirmed in this post:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=187769

In the future please don't make several posts regarding the same issue. Thank you for your understanding.

I hope everything is OK now for all of you.

Have a lovely day!

• On the very first day of purchasing Total Security 2013 (1st June 2013), I have tried out the anti-theft lock...after which I could not type in the pin to unlock my computer.

I have contacted the technical support call centre 2 times, who could not help me and despite the promise of someone contacting me back to aid with the problems, no one called/e-mailed me back over roughly 2days and a half.

I have also sent PM to the technical moderator at the forum requesting assistance with this problem, but no reply thus far.

After much failure (USB keyboard, safemode reboot frozen and does not work), I finally managed by myself to unlock my computer by performing a system restore.

However, now my computer is randomly going into safelock mode without any prompting from me. With each of such episodes I need to hunt down a system restore disk, and perform a system restore in order to be able to use my computer again.

After calling the technical support again about this issue, I am told that someone else will contact me back about my problem (with the highest priority) yet again.

Meanwhile, my computer may lock out at anytime....

Since I purchased this program (JUST 3 DAYS) I have not experienced any security from it but rather a non-stop serious issues with the safe lock and lost my valuable time attempting to fix this problem. I am uninstalling the software now (and hope that is the end of this!) as I have a strong suspicion that it is a bug that I will not get any solution from the technical support.

I have filed for the immediate refund of my purchase of this program.

I will update once I have my computer back in order and get my refund.

Exact same experience here, Im waiting the unresponsive tech support to solve this. I thought the antivirus was the only thing that works properly after trying the other features of the total defender, but after some tests i figured out that it is not true, the reviews about bitdefender seems to me sponsored, i've even saw that they had a 24/7 support in one review that is also not true. i deeply regret of migrating from norton, The bugs was just the beginning of my headaches with bitdefender and i have it for less than one week. They say that support response is 48 hour and im waiting gor 5 days arlready for a solution of a problem that dozens of people have and apparently georgia is the very only employee that i contacted that know something about it... Im more in the direction of issuing them of refunding once i have my work computer locked with no support. Im about to use linux to backup my unincrypted data and format my computer, losing A LOT of important data, because im loosing money by this safe lock, but if i do that ill have to put a lawyer after them them. Well probably this is not a problem they apparently have plenty of resources to pay the reviews so lawyers shouldn't be something new, right?

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello Pastorelli,

Please open a single thread for the same issue. We've already contacted you in regards to this situation.

Please check our response here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=189238

This discussion has been closed.