Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Active Virus Control

Options

Hello guys,I was wondering if anyone else is having a problem with active virus control staying on aggressive.When I close Bitdefender Total Security 2013 interface and open it back up it returns to normal. I'm using Vista Home Premium service pack 2.I have tried a clean install.I uninstalled BDTS rebooted,ran ccleaner and BD uninstall tool and rebooted.I reinstalled BDTS 2013 and still I have same problem with active virus control returning to normal from aggressive after I close interface.I have also tried a repair and that resulted in the same thing with it returning to normal from aggressive after I close interface.Other than that everything else seems to be running great.Thanks for any help.

Comments

• columbo
    columbo
    edited June 2013
    Options

Hi tf44 :)

It looks like you tried all the things I would have tried.

Maybe it's Christian turning it off for you :D and maybe consider keeping to normal for now. Others here may have some ideas, or did you had a previous AV? as some leftovers that can cause BD glitches.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=157589

:)

Scott

• tf44
    Options

Thanks for your reply columbo.Yes I had BDIS 2013 and I also uninstalled it by control panel and rebooted,then ran ccleaner and BD uninstall tool and rebooted,then ran ccleaner and installed BDTS 2013.I wanted to install BDIS 2013 on my daughter's computer because it's only good for 1 computer.I got a good price for BDTS 2013 and wanted to install it on my computer.Yes,I will run it on normal,but like aggressive mode better.Everything else seems to run very nice.Oh,by the way BDIS 2013 worked perfect in every way.Again thanks for your reply columbo.

• columbo
    Options

You're welcome tf44 :)

Glad to hear your daughters PC with BDIS is functioning properly. You really are good at knowing the protocols of a clean install/uninstall, good job :)

I guess I may not have worded it very good, as I was wondering if you had any other AV on the PCs (especially yours with the BDTS) like Kaspersky, Norton etc. as sometimes they don't uninstall totally and can cause BD to have a glitch or two.

:)

Scott

• tf44
    Options

No you're fine columbo and thanks for your reply.I had BDIS 2013 on my computer,with time left on the subscription,but wanted to put BDTS 2013 on my system.I should have left well enough alone and put BDTS on hers.One more question if I may.My system is 32bit and hers is 64bit and the installer should install the right version for 64 bit?Thanks for replies again columbo.

• columbo
    columbo
    edited June 2013
    Options

No problem, I'm here to help as I can :)

Yes, you are correct. When you use the online installer, Bitdefender detects what bit to install, and will install accordingly to your OS bit, i.e. 32 or 64 bit. A member here, golfe, had a nice tip in confirming your version: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=147187

If you eve use the offline, direct download installer, that's when you have to manually select the .exe bit version to download, which can be found here: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35494

Hope this helped :)

edit: fixed link

• tf44
    Options

Thanks for your replies and help columbo.Just wanted you to know I appreciate you and your time.I will continue to use BDTS as my problem is no deal breaker.

• columbo
    columbo
    edited June 2013
    Options

You're welcome, tf44, I appreciate the kind words, and also for your promptness in monitoring your thread, kudos :)

I agree, one little glitch isn't a deal breaker for the security and hands off protection you're (we're) getting. Sometimes the little things repair themselves through an update after a week or two, or after multiple reboots.

Take care :)

Scott