Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Installation/licensing

Options

If someone purchases Bitdefender Internet Security and later decides that they only want to have Bitdefender Antivirus Plus installed, is there a way to partially uninstall Bitdefender Internet Security leaving only Bitdefender Antivirus Plus installed?

Also, during the installation of Bitdefender Internet Security is it possible to select only the components that you want to install?

If you have an unused Bitdefender Internet Security License Key, is it possible to use this License Key for Bitdefender Antivirus Plus?

Thanks in Advance.

Comments

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello TheKid7,

There is a way to switch Bitdefender Internet Security to Bitdefender Antivirus Plus simply by entering the corresponding license key in the product. The entire interface will change accordingly, without having to uninstall the old product and to install the new one.

There isn't a way to choose what components to install.

If you want, we can help you replace your Bitdefender Internet Security license key with one for Bitdefender Antivirus Plus. We will also add 60 validity days as to compensate for the price difference.

Please post back and let us know what you decide. Thank you! :)

• Thanks for explanation.

So it is NOT possible to use a key "Bitdefender Internet Security 2014" for an "Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2014" installation?

Thx...

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

No, unless we modify it so it works with Bitdefender Internet Security.

Otherwise, during the installation Bitdefender will detect the key and will install Bitdefender Antivirus Plus instead of Bitdefender Internet Security, no matter what kit you are using.

Please let me know if you want us to make the change, looking forward to hearing from you!

• Thanks for reply.

My background:

There is a 3-pc-license for "Bitdefender Internet Security 2014".

On one machine only "Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2014" should be installed because of BD firewall incompatibility to an other software.

Key change to BD-AV is NOT wanted, because in some time foreign software will be compatible.

So:

How to install "Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2014" only with a "Bitdefender Internet Security 2014" key (It's a private downgrade... :wub: )?

BD firewall driver and so on should NOT be installed!

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello,

I checked with the Customer Service colleagues. There isn't a way to split one user of the Bitdefender Internet Security license key and generate instead a single user key for Bitdefender Antivirus Plus.

However, if you are still interested, we can remove 1 extra user from your current key and add 30 validity days to compensate for it.

I also received for you a -50% discount link available in USD for Bitdefender Antivirus Plus, 1 user, 1 year. If you are interested please click the purchase link I will send you via PM in a couple of minutes.

I hope you will accept this offer. Thank you.

• Thanks, I will check it :) .

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

OK, tell me what you think.

• Sorry, one more question:

Are BD license keys language specific?

For example:

Is it possible to license an English version with a German license key and reverse?

And is mixing possible (for example a 3-license package can activate one English version and two German versions)?

Thx...

• wondy
    Options
    OK, tell me what you think.

hi georgia, i have the same problem, buy IS version and want to use the AV plus,

i'm available to swap license can you help me?

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

@ bitter150

The key works with English and German kits also. You can install Bitdefender in German on a PC and the same product in English on another one using the same license key to register.

Please post back if you have other questions.

@ WONDY

Welcome to the Bitdefender forums.

To answer your question please send me a PM with the email address that you used to register the My Bitdefender account and your current license key so I can check them in the system. They are not registered under the same email you used for your forum account, so I can't find them.

DO NOT POST THEM ON THE FORUMS!

Thank you!