Software Kept Freezing Computer, Company Ignoring Refund Request?

Tyrindor
edited August 2013 in My bitdefender

I purchased this software less than 30 days ago and I've experienced multiple issues that are deal breakers for me, the main one being that my computer randomly freezes on flash-based websites. A quick google shows I am not the only one, and it doesn't seem to be a rare problem. I don't want to troubleshoot this issue, I can just renew my old anti-virus that hasn't had any problems.

I sent an email about an order discount error, and they replied within 2 days fixing the issue. About 5 days later I sent a new email requesting a refund, as offered in their policy. I waited a week and got no replies. I sent another. Still no replies. The company is flat out ignoring my emails and my 30 days is nearing it's end. I want to believe no company would treat customers this way and that these emails are somehow falling through the cracks. I am losing patience though, and close to requesting a chargeback with my credit card company. This is my last ditch effort to get some support from the company before doing so.

Thanks.

Order: 18714966

Comments

• I'm not really sure on how to approach this myself. But what is your Flash version? Perhaps you can try to update it to the latest one. smile2.png

• I purchased this software less than 30 days ago and I've experienced multiple issues that are deal breakers for me, the main one being that my computer randomly freezes on flash-based websites. A quick google shows I am not the only one, and it doesn't seem to be a rare problem. I don't want to troubleshoot this issue, I can just renew my old anti-virus that hasn't had any problems.

I sent an email about an order discount error, and they replied within 2 days fixing the issue. About 5 days later I sent a new email requesting a refund, as offered in their policy. I waited a week and got no replies. I sent another. Still no replies. The company is flat out ignoring my emails and my 30 days is nearing it's end. I want to believe no company would treat customers this way and that these emails are somehow falling through the cracks. I am losing patience though, and close to requesting a chargeback with my credit card company. This is my last ditch effort to get some support from the company before doing so.

Thanks.

Order: 18714966

Just start reading threads in this forum and you'll see how this company treats its customers. I think your best bet is to file a dispute with your credit card company.

• Tyrindor
    edited August 2013
    I'm not really sure on how to approach this myself. But what is your Flash version? Perhaps you can try to update it to the latest one. smile2.png

As stated in the post, I don't want to troubleshoot, it's a wide spread issue and my flash is up to date. I even reformatted my computer because I didn't link it to BitDefender until 3 days after using it. Still happened on a fresh Win8 install, and there are other people who have experienced this. I would never support a company that has treated me this way, even if I managed to fix the issues. I just want a refund as they stated in their policy. They still haven't replied to the thread, or replied to my emails. I just noticed there is a phone number so I will call them, and if they flat out refuse a refund I will call my credit card company and they will force a charge back on them.

Soon as going back to NOD32, problems vanished and have been gone for a couple weeks now.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello Tyrindor,

We apologize for any negative experience you have encountered with our products or our support.

I am processing the refund of the order reference #18714966 for you. You will receive an email notification with a transaction confirmation number as soon as we receive it from your card company. This process can take 24-48 business hours.

We hope that you will reconsider our products in the future and please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any question about the security of your system.

Thank you for your time, hope you have a beautiful day ahead!

• I also have difficulty with the refund and contact support. After you fill out a form on your site asking us license number that is invalid, and we are unable to send your inquiry. Why not have a simple mail for contact. ..

These are your e-mails:

Dear Tomislav Rob,

Thank you for contacting Bitdefender Customer Care.

This is an automated reply to confirm that we have received your request, and that we are working on resolving your issue(s) as promptly as possible. Your assigned ticket number is 2015030121450001.

We advise that you keep this reference number in a safe place for further tracking/follow-up.

Regards,

Bitdefender Customer Care Team

We have been informed by our online vendor regarding your chargeback request. Therefore any license keys associated to your order - will be invalidated and you will no longer be able to use the products related to the disputed order.

If you have other Bitdefender products that are not related to this order, they will NOT be affected in any way.

Our Support Team is at your disposal should you have any questions regarding Bitdefender products or technical issues you may be experiencing.

If you have questions regarding the chargeback procedure, please contact your bank.

It was 10 days before ...

I also contact paypal and avangate ...nothing

Please just chargeback ...