Bd 2013 Blocking Youtube (even When I Allow The Site)

I just downloaded bitdefender today and already I am having problems. My child (9) watches videos on youtube about playing minecraft. I added www.youtube.com to the allowed list on the blacklist page but it is still blocking it. What categories does youtube fall under? I see that it was blocked for "social networking" and for "file sharing" but even when I deselect those categories, it is still blocked. Any advice?

Comments

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hi, Youtube goes to these categories: "Online videos","Radio music"and "Entertainment".

Please post back if you need more help with this matter.

Thank you.

• Hi, Youtube goes to these categories: "Online videos","Radio music"and "Entertainment".

Please post back if you need more help with this matter.

Thank you.

Youtube is blocked under the File Sharing category for my son.

• Youtube is blocked under the File Sharing category for my son.

This is an old post, but this is still an issue. In my Cloud Security for Endpoints clients, Youtube is being blocked as "File Sharing" also. I reported it in the "false positive" board. Hopefully, it will be fixed.

• What is Youtube under with the latest release of Bitdefender? There is no Online Music category

I love the idea of parental control, making it hard to visit some of the most common sites is making me reconsider.