Safebox Not Working.

I installed TS yesterday and everything works as it should. Except for Safebox. I can pull it up fine in my Dashboard. But in the program itself, it will not start.

If I click on "Manage Folders" I get a pop up "Waiting for Safebox services to finalize configuration". If I view the settings for safebox, it says "You are not logged in. Please login to Mybitdefender to use safebox". This, I can assure you, I am.

I've already tried a full uninstall and re-install. I've already checked services to make sure what needs to be running is running. I ran windows update. I've rebooted a few times for good measure.

In my Dashboard, I can actually create a folder, but it will never sync with my PC because my PC doesn't see it. "Autosync" will not stay on, and I do not have the option to add a folder to safebox on my PC.

Any ideas here please?

Comments

• same prob as above ^^

tried repairing and doing a clean install of bdts.....

• same prob as above ^^

tried repairing and doing a clean install of bdts.....

I understand that they are migrating data to a new server, so there may be issues for the next 2 weeks or so.

• I understand that they are migrating data to a new server, so there may be issues for the next 2 weeks or so.

I just installed TS and had the same problem.

I found the solution is to initialize the safebox feature in MyBitdefender online.

This makes sense now thinking about it because it is an online storage location thus it has to be initiated online and then you link to it with your "client" portal to that storage location.

After you initialize the safebox application via MyBitdefender add a folder and that should take care of the finalization of the services for the safebox feature.

• @zipdecip: thank you for sharing your solution

@Gorgotham, @jithin: is everything back to normal now?

• Not working for me.

When i click in manage > manage folders > and then i drag and drop a local folder to be sync with safebox nothing happens.

The safebox dont create same folder in online storage to be sync with a local folder.

Like our friends above i need go to mybitdefender online create a online folder and then sync with a local folder.

This should be fixed ;)

• After uninstall and reinstall my BTS, the safebox is still unable to connect.

It just promt me 'Waiting for safebox to finalize configuration'. The time taken is more than an hour.

It just failed.

• Have you tried repairing this already? Since this is a new install, it might also help if you can do a restart. You might also need to run the vulnerability scan and download the C++ updates. smile2.png

I have done that. But in vain. Sometimes when the safebox got connected, it took more than an hour for me to upload share file. System keep running without unloading.

post-179149-1396287630_thumb.jpg

post-179149-1396287653_thumb.jpg

• Have you tried repairing this already? Since this is a new install, it might also help if you can do a restart. You might also need to run the vulnerability scan and download the C++ updates. smile2.png

Do refer to my attachment for reference. The waiting time more than an hour.

Thank you.

post-179149-1396295841_thumb.jpg

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

@ Michael Ng

If the issue still occurs, please enable Remote Desktop Services in Windows:

- go to Start menu and type in the Search bar "services.msc" , then press Enter

- in the new window locate the service named "Remote Desktop Services"

- double click on it and hit the "Start" button, under service status (if it doesn't say already "Running")

- next to Startup type use the drop-down menu to select "Manual", then click OK

Then, while still in the Services window, scroll down to "SafeBox" and check its status;

- double-click on the SafeBox entry and make sure the Startup type is Automatic, and if the Service status was Stopped please click on Start and check if you are able to use the feature.

I will be waiting for your feedback and we will continue troubleshooting if still necessary.