Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Paypal Needs Cookies To Work = Safepay Is Useless?

Hello

Every time I try to use Safepay with Paypal, the Paypal webpage says that I need cookies enabled to use Paypal. :huh: Is it possible to use safepay with Paypal at all? If so, how?

Thank you

Comments

• camarie
    camarie Principal Software Developer BD Staff
    Hello

Every time I try to use Safepay with Paypal, the Paypal webpage says that I need cookies enabled to use Paypal. :huh: Is it possible to use safepay with Paypal at all? If so, how?

Thank you

Well, I just tried to log in to PayPal with Safepay and it worked just fine.

Can you tell me which product version are you using so I can follow up with a more extensive test?

Regards,

Cristian

• Well, I just tried to log in to PayPal with Safepay and it worked just fine.

Can you tell me which product version are you using so I can follow up with a more extensive test?

Regards,

Cristian

Hello, I'm using Bitdefender Total Security 2013.

Sorry for the late reply

• camarie
    Hello, I'm using Bitdefender Total Security 2013.

Sorry for the late reply

We'll follow up on this shortly. Me or one of my colleagues will try again to reproduce using the latest version of the product, then we'll get back to you for details if we won't be able to repro your issue.

Regards,

Cristian

• Moldoveanu Marius
    Moldoveanu Marius Senior QA Engineer ✭✭✭

Hello,

in order to generate log files for Safepay please do the following steps:

1. Download my attachment (obk.logger.xml) and place it on your desktop

2. Reboot into safemode (press F8 at bootime and select Safemode (Start tapping the F8 key as soon as your manufacturer’s logo appear. If you begin tapping the F8 key too soon, some computers display a "keyboard error" message. To resolve this, restart the computer and try again. If you see the Windows logo, it means you did not start pressing the F8 button soon enough. You will need to reboot and try again.).

3. Copy the file obk.logger.xml from Desktop in C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender (assuming that Program files is in C: drive), so that it is next to obk.exe.

4. Reboot the computer and reproduce the issue.

5. After you reproduce the issue a file will be generated in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\BDLogging\obk\ with the name obkXXXX.log (the XXXX will be a number), copy it to the Desktop (for easier access) and attach it in the forum here.

6. After you attach the file reboot back into safemode and delete the obk.logger.xml file from C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender\.

Thank you,

Marius

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=12070" data-fileid="12070" rel="">obk.logger.xml

• I also have this problem but to be more specific, I can log in directly to PayPal but the problem happens when I purchase something on eBay through PayPal, when it goes to the PayPal login screen I get the cookie error.

• I also have this problem but to be more specific, I can log in directly to PayPal but the problem happens when I purchase something on eBay through PayPal, when it goes to the PayPal login screen I get the cookie error.

Same here.

New Bitdefender

• camarie
    I also have this problem but to be more specific, I can log in directly to PayPal but the problem happens when I purchase something on eBay through PayPal, when it goes to the PayPal login screen I get the cookie error.

I'm not sure what the cookie error means.

As a first suggestion, can you try to add both paypal.com and ebay.com to the list of Favorites?

You can do this by navigating to the eBay and PayPal websites respectively, then click in the address bar the right button to add them to Favorites; then retry the operation.

Please let us know if this solves your problem.

Either way, I would like to elaborate a little on the "cookie error": what message do you get, possibly also an error code, it is from Safepay or from website - anything you may think of so we can understand what happens. (For us is not easy to reproduce since we don't have eBay accounts for testing purchases...)

Regards,

Cristian

• I'm not sure what the cookie error means.

As a first suggestion, can you try to add both paypal.com and ebay.com to the list of Favorites?

You can do this by navigating to the eBay and PayPal websites respectively, then click in the address bar the right button to add them to Favorites; then retry the operation.

Please let us know if this solves your problem.

Either way, I would like to elaborate a little on the "cookie error": what message do you get, possibly also an error code, it is from Safepay or from website - anything you may think of so we can understand what happens. (For us is not easy to reproduce since we don't have eBay accounts for testing purchases...)

Regards,

Cristian

Yep. I will try, next time I buy something off eBay. It happened yesterday when i bought something online, that was a toy shop not ebay. I paid through paypal the same though, when I went to login to pay it went to Paypal and said that it needs cookies to be enabled. Then I have to close it and use the normal browser.

• Yep. I will try, next time I buy something off eBay. It happened yesterday when i bought something online, that was a toy shop not ebay. I paid through paypal the same though, when I went to login to pay it went to Paypal and said that it needs cookies to be enabled. Then I have to close it and use the normal browser.

I went to purchase something tonight and was redirected to PayPal to pay and it opened in safe pay. I attached the page that come up.

post-156586-1386503882_thumb.jpg

• camarie
    I went to purchase something tonight and was redirected to PayPal to pay and it opened in safe pay. I attached the page that come up.

Quite strange, since Safepay is storing cookies locally.

So to understand the scenario: you go to ebay.com, login, purchase something, and when you click a certain ebay link it will attempt to bring you to paypal.com, and you get the error message.

I will send right now a request to testing team to try to attempt a repro case.

Is the scenario above correct?

Cristian

• ajhoward.au
    edited December 2013
    Quite strange, since Safepay is storing cookies locally.

So to understand the scenario: you go to ebay.com, login, purchase something, and when you click a certain ebay link it will attempt to bring you to paypal.com, and you get the error message.

Cristian

Yes Cristian, that's correct but it also happens when I purchase something from a website as well and am paying through paypal.

• Quite strange, since Safepay is storing cookies locally.

Cristian

I have had some success. If I use eBay in safepay, then the payment through Paypal works correctly. So I am just going to do that from now on.

One other thing though, I can't seem to get the wallet to autofill in SafePay. I can log in if I click the wallet icon and it opens showing the saved info but doesn't autofill.

• camarie
    I have had some success. If I use eBay in safepay, then the payment through Paypal works correctly. So I am just going to do that from now on.

One other thing though, I can't seem to get the wallet to autofill in SafePay. I can log in if I click the wallet icon and it opens showing the saved info but doesn't autofill.

Ah, now I think I get it.

You are using eBay from, say, Firefox, then when payment moment comes, only now it jumps you into Safepay.

If that is the case, it cannot work; cookies/authentication session are in another browser, and they cannot be transferred as a whole session into another browser (in this case, Safepay). There were heated discussions in the past about browser session transfer to Safepay, but the problem is way too complex (and the degree of uncertainty and undocumented features was way too high - think on IE protected mode, if you are using it...) and the resolution was that we won't support such a scenario (the risk was simply too high).

About wallet: it is only integrated as a manual feature, but the autofill functionality was not integrated (without trying to sell you excuses, simply there was no time).

I will forward immediately your message to management, maybe this time I can convince them to push this feature (and I know for sure it will be done, but I won't accept a new postpone this time). Thank you for re-pointing me this.

Regards,

Cristian

• Ah, now I think I get it.

You are using eBay from, say, Firefox, then when payment moment comes, only now it jumps you into Safepay.

If that is the case, it cannot work; cookies/authentication session are in another browser, and they cannot be transferred as a whole session into another browser (in this case, Safepay). There were heated discussions in the past about browser session transfer to Safepay, but the problem is way too complex (and the degree of uncertainty and undocumented features was way too high - think on IE protected mode, if you are using it...) and the resolution was that we won't support such a scenario (the risk was simply too high).

About wallet: it is only integrated as a manual feature, but the autofill functionality was not integrated (without trying to sell you excuses, simply there was no time).

I will forward immediately your message to management, maybe this time I can convince them to push this feature (and I know for sure it will be done, but I won't accept a new postpone this time). Thank you for re-pointing me this.

Regards,

Cristian

Thanks Cristian

So how do I use the wallet manually?

Andrew

• Thanks Cristian

So how do I use the wallet manually?

Andrew

Oh, you mean just typing your username and password in manually.

• camarie
    Oh, you mean just typing your username and password in manually.

Or by copy-pasting. Sadly, it was not integrated directly into Safepay browser yet.

But I pushed to management, and this become ready for engineering for the upcoming Safepay versions.

Regards,

Cristian

• Or by copy-pasting. Sadly, it was not integrated directly into Safepay browser yet.

But I pushed to management, and this become ready for engineering for the upcoming Safepay versions.

Regards,

Cristian

Maybe this answers a question I was just about to post in the Wallet forum. I installed Bitdefender Internet Security for the first time on Wednesday, and also noticed that Wallet doesn't auto fill in Safepay. Apparently it still hasn't been integrated in the current version of Bitdefender: Build 17.26.0.1106.