Events Not Being Shown

Hey guys,

having this issue since 2 days. Bitdefender is not showing any events at all. its updating blocking using AVC sometimes but it is not showing anything in the events section.

Screen:

5ohxza.png

Any help will be appreciated

Comments

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭

Hiya,

First thing to try is to run a repair which often solves problems.

Control Panel>Programs and Features>Bitdefender

Click Uninstall and choose Repair.

Let it complete and then reboot.

• Hiya,

First thing to try is to run a repair which often solves problems.

Control Panel>Programs and Features>Bitdefender

Click Uninstall and choose Repair.

Let it complete and then reboot.

i uninstalled and re-installed it again and still am facing this issue :(

• anyone who can help, i am still having this issue. i again performed a repair but still events viewer isnt logging any events at all

• Thanks to yours and Rohugh's help from your other thread, lets consider this.

Did you previously have another AV installed before BD, and used their uninstall tool, looked for any leftover file, Reg keys etc, and used CCleaner in Reg. mode, and delete any keys from there? (also CCleaner in cleaner mode). As we may want to start fresh, using the full offline installer. Did you get the Rootkits taken care of, so as to not be affecting BD? Try running ESET online scanner, just so we can make sure, before we do a total clean install.

• Thanks to yours and Rohugh's help from your other thread, lets consider this.

Did you previously have another AV installed before BD, and used their uninstall tool, looked for any leftover file, Reg keys etc, and used CCleaner in Reg. mode, and delete any keys from there? (also CCleaner in cleaner mode). As we may want to start fresh, using the full offline installer. Did you get the Rootkits taken care of, so as to not be affecting BD? Try running ESET online scanner, just so we can make sure, before we do a total clean install.

emsisoft anti malware detected nothing, Malwarebytes anti malware detected nothing, ESET online scanner detected nothing :|

Now sending mail to support :/

• emsisoft anti malware detected nothing, Malwarebytes anti malware detected nothing, ESET online scanner detected nothing :|

Now sending mail to support :/

finally formatted the pc and solved the issue :/

• I too am having the same problem.

I sent BD an email and was told they no longer provide email support.

"This week BD had an upgrade.

Ever since that upgrade I am no longer able to view any event log. See attached. This goes for firewall and other features too.

BD still indicates "a port scan occurred" et c, but I have no way of viewing details.

How can I fix this?

I'm running Win8 x64 with a trial version of BD fully up to date.

I can not find any solutions on the Internet although many others are reporting the same problems."

"From: Bitdefender Customer Care Department

Subject: Email address not monitored

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your message.

Please be advised that this inbox is not being monitored and you will not receive a response.

If you already have an open support ticket, please reply to the last message you received from us.

"

I have not changed my software nor hardware except as to upgrade BD.

I have used Live boot CD's, AVG/F-Secure/Kaspersky, to test for malware or damage and found none.

I have tried the REPAIR option with no change.

I do NOT want to format my system.

As I am clearly not the only user with this issue.

I would appreciate some serious and knowledgable assistance, not just guess work.

As a tech, feel free to be as detailed as needed.

It is my suspecion this is a registry issue as that is not changed even with REPAIR but did change with the upgrade. I can not confirm this though.

• finally formatted the pc and solved the issue :/

wajihero,

I am glad to hear you have a working PC with BD, but that isn't solving the problem... that is more like killing the patient to cure the ailment.

I hope someone can actually solve this issue as you are not alone.

• No email replies.

No replies on the forum.

An entire businees week come and gone and not even so much as a hint as to why the product keeps failing for so many or how to fix it.

I'm starting to think BD has become a subsidary of Micro$oft.

It certainly does not lend itself to my paying for this program. I'm glad it is a trial install and no money was wasted.

I think I shall have to remove it and look for alternatives. I originally tried BD after CheckPoint trashed ZoneAlarm. But I see now that BD is falling apart with all its flaws and no tech support. A shame really as it had great potential. But what good is a security suite that doesn't let you know what it is doing or why?

Unlike others, I'm not willing to format my entire system just to fix this bug.

Can anyone suggest an alternative suite?