Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

It's Hopeless :-(

busterbuddy
edited July 2014 in General

As cyber-criminals have advanced in their sophistication, security products have tried to keep up -- and while the best may block most of today's zero-day attacks, the security products have had to become ever more complicated and complex and the programs themselves often fail in some way.

The latest update from Bit Defender that required a reboot prevented my PC from booting into Windows 8. Thank God for System Restore ! BDIS 2015 is now removed from my system. At some point it will return, but while IMHO BitDefenfer has the best of the Anti-Malware Engines it is housed in buggy software. I have never been able to keep it on my system for longer than three weeks without having to re-install it, because of some error, typically an update error or loss of data base.

This morning I had Kaspersky IS 2015 trial installed. I had to remove it because it's Safe Money Feature and protected browser would not let me complete an order from Amazon.com. This is not the first time that has happened.

Last week I tried Webroot which I had to immediately remove because it's outbound firewall would not allow me to access my favorite online game, aside from it's relatively poor detection rate on scan -- though it's behavioral analysis is good. Also it frequently does not block the download of malware but rather relies more more heavily on rolling back any damage done after detecting it when it goes into actio with it's behavioral analysis. Also, according to the latest PC Mag review, it can take hours of online support assistance to remove some tough malware.

So I am confused and so dejected I just downloaded a trial version of Norton IS 2015 that couldn't protect itself from an attack by a handful of daisys. It's self protection module ain't the greatest.

Comments

• Do not install Norton. Nothing against them but I have heard so many bad experiences with them like product incompatibility. Why not create a ticket with BD so your issue about below can be investigated. 1.gif

The latest update from Bit Defender that required a reboot prevented my PC from booting into Windows 8.