Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Is 2015 Autopilot Maximizes Screen Brightness

Options
tonyrulez
edited August 2014 in General

Hi there,

I'm using IS 2015 with Autopilot mode on my laptop, and whenever I open a media file with Splash Pro or VLC, Bitdefender sets the screen's brightness to the maximum, which is very annoying and I have to set it back to a normal level every time. How can I disable this 'feature'? Not the whole Autopilot mode, because it can be useful (I think), the only annoying thing is the screen-brightness maximizer.

Thanks.

Comments

• darge
    Options

This is the first time that I heard about this issue. Does this happen after when your computer is idle? If not, you might want to generate a log and send it to support to have this investigated. 1.gif

• tonyrulez
    edited August 2014
    Options

Sorry for the long waiting, I reproduced the problem and sent the report to the support with the Support Tool.

In response to the question the answer is no, Bitdefender maximizes the brightness every time, not only in idle mode.

• ericson
    Options
    Hi there,

I'm using IS 2015 with Autopilot mode on my laptop, and whenever I open a media file with Splash Pro or VLC, Bitdefender sets the screen's brightness to the maximum, which is very annoying and I have to set it back to a normal level every time. How can I disable this 'feature'? Not the whole Autopilot mode, because it can be useful (I think), the only annoying thing is the screen-brightness maximizer.

Thanks.

Here is the solution,

The Bitdefender Antivirus had caused this problem by it's Active Profiles feature. These Active profiles changed power mode to High performance and increased screen brightness to the max while playing videos or playing games.

To change the setting, go to:

Tools > Profiles > 'Configure' in Movie Profile > Uncheck "Adjust Power Plans for Movies"

… and save.

It works for me !