Need To Uninstall Then Reinstall Bd Av+ 2015

Hi all -

The Microsoft update that went out 8/15 had a bad actor in the mix that caused some computers to crash and go into a reboot loop. MS has since pulled the update that caused this. Unfortunately, I was one of those that ended up dead in the water after the update.

The restore point Windows made before installing the updates failed and I had to go to the previous restore point to recover the system. Between this restore point and the crash, I had purchased, installed, and activated BD Antivirus Plus 2015. It worked great and I was a happy camper.

After recovering, I tried to run BD to see if it was ok - it wasn't and refused to run. So I tried to reinstall it and couldn't. BD notified me that it was already installed and that I had to uninstall it and then reinstall it. Well, I couldn't reinstall it either. I then tried to delete the directory - couldn't. I also tried to remove the BD keys from the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE software hive - couldn't do that either. So I am stuck.

Can anyone guide me through the steps required to clean up this mess, namely to unninstall the software?

I like the product, and would reinstall it again if I was confident that there will be no more problems. I am not at that point yet. I opened a support ticket, the the Team was clueless and did not understand my problem after a few rounds of email explaining the situation over and over.

To the BD folks, I noticed that someone with similar problems suggested that perhaps 2015 was a bad build. Regardless, and based on the forum comments I've read, I think BD should send a patched version of 2015 to everyone that bought the product. Call it 2015.1 or whatever.

Mark

Comments

• Hi all -

The Microsoft update that went out 8/15 had a bad actor in the mix that caused some computers to crash and go into a reboot loop. MS has since pulled the update that caused this. Unfortunately, I was one of those that ended up dead in the water after the update.

The restore point Windows made before installing the updates failed and I had to go to the previous restore point to recover the system. Between this restore point and the crash, I had purchased, installed, and activated BD Antivirus Plus 2015. It worked great and I was a happy camper.

After recovering, I tried to run BD to see if it was ok - it wasn't and refused to run. So I tried to reinstall it and couldn't. BD notified me that it was already installed and that I had to uninstall it and then reinstall it. Well, I couldn't reinstall it either. I then tried to delete the directory - couldn't. I also tried to remove the BD keys from the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE software hive - couldn't do that either. So I am stuck.

Can anyone guide me through the steps required to clean up this mess, namely to unninstall the software?

I like the product, and would reinstall it again if I was confident that there will be no more problems. I am not at that point yet. I opened a support ticket, the the Team was clueless and did not understand my problem after a few rounds of email explaining the situation over and over.

To the BD folks, I noticed that someone with similar problems suggested that perhaps 2015 was a bad build. Regardless, and based on the forum comments I've read, I think BD should send a patched version of 2015 to everyone that bought the product. Call it 2015.1 or whatever.

Mark

Although the 2015 does not have a removal tool ready as of yet,i know of several people who have used the previous years removal tool without issue which can be downloaded here BD removal tool

Download the tool and save to desktop.Reboot your pc into safe mode and double click and run the tool and let it run to completion.Reboot back into normal mode windows and attempt a reinstall.