Unfortunately A "no" To Bitdefender

nick2000mu
edited October 2014 in General

I have been evaluating a few antivirus products. Bit defender was the first one I tried. Had to uninstall cause it gave me problems. But most independent antivirus reviews place bitdefender as No 1 so have revisited and reinstalled bit defender thinking that the problems could be cause of me doing something wrong. Have come back to bitdefender at least 3-4 times. But have faced problems everytime. One time it was the system slowing down drastically, another it was not allowing search in UNC path, another time it wasn't allowing search in facebook. I use my laptop at work. I decided to give bitdefender one more shot last night and reinstalled it. I came to work today and my Microsoft management Console stopped working

.Got an RPC error. I uninstalled bitdefender and the MMC started working immediately. Was using bitdefender internet security 2015. Have used other antivirus products and have never faced these problems. They might be fixes for this but the experience as a whole has been bad. Sorry but its a big "NO" for bitdefender.

I also remember now that when I first tried bitdefender months earlier it messed up my passwords and had to reformat the laptop. This post is not to run down the product but you guys seriously need to do something about it. Just adding features is of no use if they wont run properly.

Comments

• I have been evaluating a few antivirus products. Bit defender was the first one I tried. Had to uninstall cause it gave me problems. But most independent antivirus reviews place bitdefender as No 1 so have revisited and reinstalled bit defender thinking that the problems could be cause of me doing something wrong. Have come back to bitdefender at least 3-4 times. But have faced problems everytime. One time it was the system slowing down drastically, another it was not allowing search in UNC path, another time it wasn't allowing search in facebook. I use my laptop at work. I decided to give bitdefender one more shot last night and reinstalled it. I came to work today and my Microsoft management Console stopped working

.Got an RPC error. I uninstalled bitdefender and the MMC started working immediately. Was using bitdefender internet security 2015. Have used other antivirus products and have never faced these problems. They might be fixes for this but the experience as a whole has been bad. Sorry but its a big "NO" for bitdefender.

I also remember now that when I first tried bitdefender months earlier it messed up my passwords and had to reformat the laptop. This post is not to run down the product but you guys seriously need to do something about it. Just adding features is of no use if they wont run properly.

Sounds like you may have a lot of problems with your computer that may not be BD related. This scounds like you could have a "dirty" computer including possibly malware and among other things unlicensed software and left over files from uninstalled apps. Your computer may also not be current on OS and/or app updates. Good luck to you.

• Sounds like you may have a lot of problems with your computer that may not be BD related. This scounds like you could have a "dirty" computer including possibly malware and among other things unlicensed software and left over files from uninstalled apps. Your computer may also not be current on OS and/or app updates. Good luck to you.

I have a legal version of Win 7 Professional, A legal version of MS office, Java , Skype and Yahoo and that's about it. You think I have a dirty computer? Even a through scan by bitdefender didn't find anything.Can you tell me why I didn't and don't face any problems when I ran 4 different types of antivirus/anti malware (one at a time ofcourse. I am currently running one antivirus which is my company one and an antimalware product and its working perfectly) and only faced problems with bitdefender? I would still give you the point if I was the only one that faced this problem but after I searched around found that a sizeable no of users faced similar problems.As I said my post was not to dish the product. I really wanted it to work for me cause of all the great reviews of it by independent agencies . That's the only reason I even revisited it 4 times. But not one of the times could I run it for 24 hours without it causing me problems.

• I have a legal version of Win 7 Professional, A legal version of MS office, Java , Skype and Yahoo and that's about it. You think I have a dirty computer? Even a through scan by bitdefender didn't find anything.Can you tell me why I didn't and don't face any problems when I ran 4 different types of antivirus/anti malware (one at a time ofcourse. I am currently running one antivirus which is my company one and an antimalware product and its working perfectly) and only faced problems with bitdefender? I would still give you the point if I was the only one that faced this problem but after I searched around found that a sizeable no of users faced similar problems.As I said my post was not to dish the product. I really wanted it to work for me cause of all the great reviews of it by independent agencies . That's the only reason I even revisited it 4 times. But not one of the times could I run it for 24 hours without it causing me problems.

If your pc is infected and try to install bd that will not solve your problem.I would try to scan pc in offline mode.If i were you i would scan with comodo recue disk.After you scann all pc wich can take 2 or more hours u can install BD, change passwords(better be a complex password) regularly, use standard account instead admin account.You should help BD to help you.Don't ever install unknown publisher programs, update, clean temp files from time to time.Update all aplications like java , flash and so on.In addition you can install another good HIPS product called spyshelter to prevent hackers to sniff you and ads extra injection protection.Remeber Bitdefender is just one layer of protection don't give it up.If u can be sniffed ur passwords can be craked in minutes.Change default admin account name and it's pasword ..Disable netbios over tcp/ip (for all network adapters) if you don't have a particular reason to have it enabled.For firewall make only outbound rules choose always public profile cos it's most restrictive.Block browsers third party cookies or block all cookies and later configure only sites that needs to set cookies to let you login.Disable java and configure later only sites that really you need to use java(like yahoo, gmail, facebook, youtube, twitter).Choose for java "very high" level security.You need another layer of security regarding spoofing attacks like CUTeARP.Use hardware firewall in addition to BD software firewall.Set from "internet options" high level security, enable enhanced protected mode from advanced tab..Use sandbox for questionable application that you use.If you have a trojan at kernel level that can knockout any antivirus.Kernel is the first thing that run when u start pc..

Hope this advices can help you