Unistall Tool For Bd 2015 Products

When will be Uninstall tool for BD 2015 products will be released?

Comments

• Hiya,

As far as I am aware a dedicated uninstall tool is already built in by going to Control Panel>Programs and Features>Bitdefender 2015>Uninstall. I have used it a couple of times in both Win 7 and Win 8.1 without problems.

Ro.

• Hiya,

As far as I am aware a dedicated uninstall tool is already built in by going to Control Panel>Programs and Features>Bitdefender 2015>Uninstall. I have used it a couple of times in both Win 7 and Win 8.1 without problems.

Ro.

Most software are notorious for all the "junk" they leave behind after removal. AntiVirus applications are probably the worst in this regard.

In the case of Bitdefender, I have found multiple hidden log files in the C: root directory even after using the official removal tool. There will also be many registry entries left behind.

I guess we all have to accept that removing all traces of any software is an almost impossible task!

• What I do is to just use Windows utility for the uninstall and Ccleaner. Just to get rid of those stubborn directories that cannot be deleted. The registry entries as well. 1.gif

• What I do is to just use Windows utility for the uninstall and Ccleaner. Just to get rid of those stubborn directories that cannot be deleted. The registry entries as well. 1.gif

This is what I normally do: 1) Windows Control Panel Uninstall, 2) Reboot, 3) BD Removal Tool, 4) Reboot, 5) CCleaner, 6) Reboot, 7) CCleaner again.

After all that, there are still BD files hidden in the root directory and multiple entries in the registry (just do a search for Bitdefender in the registry).

• +1 as far as 2015 uninstall tools. I like your uninstall plan, DAF44.

These uninstall tools are very helpful for when an install does not go correctly, as with a thread or two on this forum. To try to uninstall a corrupted install when you may or may not have Bitdefender showing in Programs and Features can be a little more trickier to figure out, especially for a newbie. Let alone us junkies who like to use it as a final mode of attack in Safe Mode.

And yes, if it's soon to come out, we can be patient :)