Problem With Bitdefender

Ever since I upgraded to Bitdefender Total Security 2015, every time I restart my PC, i get a message saying that windows automatic update is disabled, and every time I change it, and after a restart, windows automatic update is disabled. I have run multiple full scans with both Bitdefender and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, and neither of them have turned up any kind of infection, so there's no known malware that keeps disabling it. I had this problem with Windows 8.1 Update 1, and the Windows 10 Technical Preview.

Comments

• Ever since I upgraded to Bitdefender Total Security 2015, every time I restart my PC, i get a message saying that windows automatic update is disabled, and every time I change it, and after a restart, windows automatic update is disabled. I have run multiple full scans with both Bitdefender and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, and neither of them have turned up any kind of infection, so there's no known malware that keeps disabling it. I had this problem with Windows 8.1 Update 1, and the Windows 10 Technical Preview.

I had this problem with one of my PCs. The culprit was BitDefender's profiles, which in this case was set to "Game" profile at all times (by my son), which had "Disable Windows updates" as a setting. I fixed the updates setting time and time again, but upon every reboot, it would silently turn off updates, causing the error to occur. Check for a Profile, and then just uncheck "Disable Windows Updates" in that profile.

• I had this problem with one of my PCs. The culprit was BitDefender's profiles, which in this case was set to "Game" profile at all times (by my son), which had "Disable Windows updates" as a setting. I fixed the updates setting time and time again, but upon every reboot, it would silently turn off updates, causing the error to occur. Check for a Profile, and then just uncheck "Disable Windows Updates" in that profile.

I'm on AutoPilot and I have this problem too.

I'm "trialing" the antivirus right now and I liked Bitdefender because it's a good idiot-proof antivirus.

I think Autopilot will disable itself if I change the "Disable Windows Updates" parameter...