[feature request] Disable "bitdefender.awake." Popup?

Can this stupid popup be turned off?? It steels focus from my media player and sends my PC back to the desktop.

So they finally give us a way to turn off the ad/spam popup then go ahead and add this stupid popup. FFS Bitdefender, can we just have a popup-FREE program please!

post-39138-1406431663_thumb.jpg

Comments

• Can this stupid popup be turned off?? It steels focus from my media player and sends my PC back to the desktop.

So they finally give us a way to turn off the ad/spam popup then go ahead and add this stupid popup. FFS Bitdefender, can we just have a popup-FREE program please!

How is that happening? It only pops up when you first start your PC for like 2 seconds after BD finishes loading. Are you starting programs before BD even has a chance to start its services?

• How is that happening? It only pops up when you first start your PC for like 2 seconds after BD finishes loading. Are you starting programs before BD even has a chance to start its services?

It's a media PC with Win8.1 and XBMC; desktop is visible so I click the button on my remote to open XBMC, it opens then goes back to the desktop so that pointless Bitdefender popup can be displayed. I have to press the remote again to get it back. The same stupid message comes up on my desktop after login.

To be honest I don't care how it's happening; the popup doesn't need to be there and should be removed.

• It is actually much worse then just this stupid pop-up; every time I I press play on any video I'm taken back to the desktop. Then XBMC crashes.

Solution; I've removed Bitdefender 2015 and returned to 2014. I don't think I'll renew either, I'm pretty sick of Bitfender after 5yrs.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello,

Unlike Bitdefender 2014, all product notifications and pop-ups can be disabled in Bitdefender 2015.

For this:

- bring up Bitdefender and click on the upper right menu

- from the drop-down menu go to General Settings

- on the General Settings tab switch to OFF the button for 'Display special offers and product notifications'

That's it! Let me know if you have other questions.

• Hello,

Unlike Bitdefender 2014, all product notifications and pop-ups can be disabled in Bitdefender 2015.

For this:

- bring up Bitdefender and click on the upper right menu

- from the drop-down menu go to General Settings

- on the General Settings tab switch to OFF the button for 'Display special offers and product notifications'

That's it! Let me know if you have other questions.

I have 'Display special offers and product notifications' disabled, but the popup in question, 'Bitdefender.Awake.' still appears on each bootup. Doesn't really bother me, but it seems a little unnecessary when the red tray icon is already there.

• mdhowes
    edited July 2014
    I have 'Display special offers and product notifications' disabled, but the popup in question, 'Bitdefender.Awake.' still appears on each bootup. Doesn't really bother me, but it seems a little unnecessary when the red tray icon is already there.

Yep with 'Display special offers and product notifications' disabled it still pops up and crashes my media player. It's such a pointless popup; why would that even do it?

I want a 100% silent anti-virus. Unless it has found an issue; I don't want to know about it.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello,

At boot all users will see the text “Bitdefender. Awake” . Currently this label is displayed for 1 second and then is fading out.

The only way to prevent it is to rename popup.dll and popup.xml from C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2015 and disable product updates (from General Settings -> Update -> Update processing rules -> Prompt before downloading -> uncheck the Product update box -> Ok).

An easier way to stop it will be implemented in the near future. Thank you for your feedback!

• That seems a reasonably simple way to disable it for now. :)

• Hello,

At boot all users will see the text “Bitdefender. Awake” . Currently this label is displayed for 1 second and then is fading out.

The only way to prevent it is to rename popup.dll and popup.xml from C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2015 and disable product updates (from General Settings -> Update -> Update processing rules -> Prompt before downloading -> uncheck the Product update box -> Ok).

An easier way to stop it will be implemented in the near future. Thank you for your feedback!

What a joke!!! Pathetic!!! The only way to disable a pointless popup is to disable much needed update. ******!

This stupid popup steals FOCUS!!! What were you thinking?!

• So, has this stupid pop-up been removed? Or am I staying with BD2014 until my subscription runs out and I find another product?

• I only see it for a second at boot, never when opening a media player.

• iganceanu
    edited October 2014

Hello, we are working for a fix

• In the meantime, you might consider trying one of these solutions from the XMBC support forum (now called Kodi, BTW)...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=1...boot#pid1133529

• So no fix yet? Pretty annoying pop-up for something I pay for.

• So I need to renew very soon; am I renewing or this that stupid pop-up still in version 2015?

• Anything from the Bitdefender team?? I need to renew in 5 days, has this stupid popup, in fact ALL pops, been removed from 2015?

• Hola,

I just installed version 2015 of Total Security. The message popup "bitdefender.awake." is still there and shows itself after boot. I wait patiently for a solution from Bitdefender.

Salutations.

• Hola,

I just installed version 2015 of Total Security. The message popup "bitdefender.awake." is still there and shows itself after boot. I wait patiently for a solution from Bitdefender.

Salutations.

Hello,

It is very quick and easy to disable the "Bitdefender Awake" pop-up if you follow the instructions given by Georgia in post #8 above. A couple of minutes and it is done.

Ro.

• As Black Dog already wrote, Georgias instructions do not bring the expected result.

Bitdefender's GUI has so many logical cracks and seems so unfinished ...

I want to keep Bitdefender for its excellent detection abilities, but it's really hard.

• Folks, I have not been in touch much with BitDefender but I am truly not loving this side to the product. An antivirus product needs to operate effectively, quietly and with as few resources as possible. The only time most folks would want to hear from it is (1) if there is a subscription issue (2) if the product did not start properly (3) if a virus or malware is detected and user guidance is required. I do not want any form of display disruption or pompous messaging indicating that the product is alive. It better be alive or there would likely be a legal issue with your customers. One of the selling points of this product is the assertion that it minimises its footprint on the system with respect to presentations or work or gaming. This is not that. For the longest time the ability of a software vendor to listen to customer concerns or issues has been a real deciding factor in whether or not to go with the vendor. I look at this thread - referred by Google - and wonder where you and I are at with that.