Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Total Security 2015 Multi-device Issues/critical Falures

Hello:

I installed BD Total Security 2015 Multi Device at 3AM EST -10AM Romanian Time

1) After the initial update that required a reboot, my event log shows I have not received any further updates.

2) I have used the latest BD IS with no issues. I only use 85 Gigs on 500 gig hard drive. After scanning for 5 hours the scan was stuck at 50%, apparently hung on one file. It is a tough file that other security suites can take a long time to scan (7 minutes max). BD IS never hung on this file. I'll check what type of file it is, but it is a windows system 32/amd64.....................file of some sort. If BD Total Security 2015 Multi Device can not complete a scan it's not worth a dime.

3) My "On Access": Scan setting changed from Normal to OFF with no action by me. And with no notice in my tray icon or widget. But the GUI said I was fully protected.

4) The BD browser Toolbar does not appear in IE 11 or Firefox 33.xxx

5) In "My Bitdefender" the "My Devices" says "service temporarily unavailable.try again later" Is this effecting my protection and is it the reason I am not receiving any updates?

Aside from these apparently critical failures everything else is fine.

Comments

• busterbuddy
    edited December 2014
    Hello:

I installed BD Total Security 2015 Multi Device at 3AM EST -10AM Romanian Time

1) After the initial update that required a reboot, my event log shows I have not received any further updates.

I just noticed that I received one update approx. one hour ago :-) YAY! (at 2:37 PM EST)

• Nesivos
    Nesivos
    edited December 2014

1. The frequency of updates can be adjusted in General Settings. As I recall the default is eight hours.

2. A few posters here have had problems with BD 2015 scans getting stuck on a file. I too have had this problem with Custom Scans. I have not had this problem with the Default Scans. I no longer use Custom Scans but just the Default Scans and Contextual Scans. I have not noticed a problem with those types of scans.

3. As I recall I had this situation with BDIS 2015 when I turned on the Paranoid mode. I just tried Paranoid Mode but I do use it I use Auto Pilot and have not noticed the situation you mention when using Auto Pilot.

4. I have never seen the BDIS 2015 Toolbar in Firefox. I believe the default for the Toolbar at least when using Firefox is not enabled. Even when I have enabled the Toolbar I have not seen it in Firefox. I now leave it not enabled. Don't know about IE since a rarely use it. I don't have Chrome installed.

5. The answer to #5 is beyond my knowledge and exprience with regard BD 2015 though I have seen other posts here where people have gotten a similar message to the one you received. If you search the forum you might find a solution to the situation you mentioned.

• busterbuddy
    edited December 2014

Thanks Nesivos :-)

I'm not trying to be critical -- just want to make sure that if there are some bugs in the program, which is to be expected with an initial release that someone knows about them.

The file it gets stuck on is a tough one. Even Webroot's speedy scanner takes 7 minutes to scan the file and some defraggers also get hung on it. But BD IS had no issue with it.

I have had my Updates set to automatic

• busterbuddy
    edited December 2014
    Thanks Nesivos :-)

I'm not trying to be critical -- just want to make sure that if there are some bugs in the program, which is to be expected with an initial release that someone knows about them.

The file it gets stuck on is a tough one. Even Webroot's speedy scanner takes 7 minutes to scan the file and some defraggers also get hung on it. But BD IS had no issue with it.

I have had my Updates set to automatic

Wow this forum doesn't give much time to edit :-)

I am now getting regular updates. Have gotten four updates this PM.

I'll just exclude the file and on demand scan it with something else.