Why Does Ts '15 Bd Desktop Circle Look Different

I had to uninstall my Bitdefender 2015 as I got an on-line scanning is disabled error and repeatedly trying to resolve it failed including multiple update attempts and reboots.

So I wiped it out (completely uninstalled it) using Revo Unistaller Pro. I downloaded the BD TS 2015 installer file. It first wouldn't install because thought I still had BD installed and offered to uninstall it, but that failed. I used Revo again and got it uninstalled to the installer's satisfaction.

After installing and activating it, the BD circle on the desktop is just a single circle with a check mark and a while line with some bars and sometimes a number at the bottom edge of the circle.

I have two 3 PC BD TS '15 keys. On my laptop to which I just applied the renewal key, the BD TS '15 circle is the prior '14 one with a circle within a circle that has four quadrants. When I click it to get the desktop dashboard (not the online one) I get four big icon blocks labelled virus, firewall, update and safebox. With the new desk top installation I get just three large icon boxes labelled protection, privacy and tools and four little ones labelled scan, update, safepay, and optimize.

The Laptop says it is Bitdefender Total Security (without a date) and the desktop installation says it is Bitdefender Total Security 2015.

Why the differences?

Comments