Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

More Expensive To Renew Product

Options

My subscription to Bitdefender ends in six days, I was tempted to renew as I had no real issues with the product (Bitdefender Total Security 2015) however I noticed on the Bitdefender website, Bitdefender family pack (which I use) is being advertised at 50% off, with a total cost of £39.97 or €51.17.

However if I, as a current customer wish to renew my license with a "special discount" it will cost me £59.96 or €76.76, why should I, as a current user, have to pay more for the same product, I will be removing Bitdefender when the subscription expires.

Comments

• Rohugh
    Options

Hiya unmilvet,

There are always offers on the products, you can always buy the 50% off one and the day your license is due to expire just add the new license key and you are good for another year. That's what I did. :)

Ro.

• Bitdefender's update processes really could do with some rethinking.

I'm using IS 2015, and my subscription came due about eight weeks ago. I received an e.mail offering me a special renewal price of $37.95, but when I followed the link it wanted me to pay $74.95. I contacted Bitdefender and had a *hugely* confusing conversation, where I was repeatedly told "We can charge anything we want" when I was only trying to get a clear idea of the actual price so I could make a purchase decision -- $74.95 is really a bit much, but also it wasn't the price the e.mail offered. Eventually, the man I was speaking with said, "Well, how much are you willing to pay? Make us an offer and we'll tell you if we accept it or not." (What the heck?! This *is* a business, right??)

Finally I was offered a renewal price of $43.95, told that was the best I would get, so I renewed my licence at that price, and thought that was it. But I was wrong.

I renewed my licence through the Bitdefender website, through the link I was sent by the Bitdefender rep. I was surprised when I was issued a new licence key as part of the transaction, but okay. I updated the software with my new licence.

About three weeks later, my old licence formally expired -- I thought it had been rolled into the new one, but no -- and my credit card was charged for a renewal of the old licence key without my approval or knowledge. Except now the price was $103.95 (!!), around twice the price of buying the software new.

Again I contacted Bitdefender, and was told this was standard procedure, that the old licence key stayed current and automatically renewed unless I formally cancelled it. How was I to know this?! I had two huge struggles with Bitdefender then: one to cancel the old licence key, and one to get the money refunded for the automatic renewal. I was told it was my problem, as if the fault was somehow mine; Bitdefender would make no allowances for the fact that it was its own renewal process that had issued me a new key. The new Bitdefender rep wouldn't even discuss it. She told me I had to formally request the licence key to be cancelled, and that it was Bitdefender's choice whether the request would be honoured. It was finally sorted out, but not before I had to go through being treated like a ****** child for a problem that wasn't of my making.

Such a thing kills customer loyalty, and the conflicting processes kill confidence in the company as a professional organisation. Screw-ups can happen, but I won't be going through that again.

• I would advise anyone using Bitdefender to check Avangate who process the payments, and make sure you are not setup for "auto renewal".

When my last subscription was due, I was told I would receive 3 months extra free if I resubscribe for another year, I never did get the extra months, as I type this, I'm now seeing from the Bitdefender icon "WARNING multiple issues are affecting the security status of this PC", false and misleading messages like this, make me think maybe its time to try another product.

• ozziebear
    Options
    Bitdefender's update processes really could do with some rethinking.

I'm using IS 2015, and my subscription came due about eight weeks ago. I received an e.mail offering me a special renewal price of $37.95, but when I followed the link it wanted me to pay $74.95. I contacted Bitdefender and had a *hugely* confusing conversation, where I was repeatedly told "We can charge anything we want" when I was only trying to get a clear idea of the actual price so I could make a purchase decision -- $74.95 is really a bit much, but also it wasn't the price the e.mail offered. Eventually, the man I was speaking with said, "Well, how much are you willing to pay? Make us an offer and we'll tell you if we accept it or not." (What the heck?! This *is* a business, right??)

Finally I was offered a renewal price of $43.95, told that was the best I would get, so I renewed my licence at that price, and thought that was it. But I was wrong.

I renewed my licence through the Bitdefender website, through the link I was sent by the Bitdefender rep. I was surprised when I was issued a new licence key as part of the transaction, but okay. I updated the software with my new licence.

About three weeks later, my old licence formally expired -- I thought it had been rolled into the new one, but no -- and my credit card was charged for a renewal of the old licence key without my approval or knowledge. Except now the price was $103.95 (!!), around twice the price of buying the software new.

Again I contacted Bitdefender, and was told this was standard procedure, that the old licence key stayed current and automatically renewed unless I formally cancelled it. How was I to know this?! I had two huge struggles with Bitdefender then: one to cancel the old licence key, and one to get the money refunded for the automatic renewal. I was told it was my problem, as if the fault was somehow mine; Bitdefender would make no allowances for the fact that it was its own renewal process that had issued me a new key. The new Bitdefender rep wouldn't even discuss it. She told me I had to formally request the licence key to be cancelled, and that it was Bitdefender's choice whether the request would be honoured. It was finally sorted out, but not before I had to go through being treated like a ****** child for a problem that wasn't of my making.

Such a thing kills customer loyalty, and the conflicting processes kill confidence in the company as a professional organisation. Screw-ups can happen, but I won't be going through that again.

Hi..These very questionable business practices have been an ongoing issue for quite some time. http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=225448