Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Unclear Product Packaging Contents?

I am planning to purchase Bitdefender for a number of computers at my home. I have both Windows 7, 8.1 and Mac OS X machines. I was planning to purchase the Family Pack or the Mac & PC pack, but I cannot find any information about if those packages contains the Windows 8 services or not?

If I want the Windows 8.1 specific version, do I need to purchase the Windows 8 and Mac OSX version separately (it will cost more than the family pack, which is why I'm asking)?

Sorry if this has been answered before; I did search for it but didn't find an answer. Thanks in advance for any help to understand the somewhat confusing packaging of Bitdefender.

Comments

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    edited January 2015

Hiya Martinf,

The BD Family Pack has Bitdefender Total Security 2015 for Windows, if you want BD Windows Security then you will have to purchase them separately.

I use Total Security 2015 on both my Windows 8.1 machines, it has more features to offer and gives the same cover as Win 8 Security, but it is of course your choice.

Ro.

• Hi Rohugh,

Thanks for the answer. I have a follow-up question:

So "Total Security" has more features than "Win 8 Security", but "Win 8 Security" has some Windows 8 specific support that is not found in "Total Security"?

If that is correct, I'll most probably go with the family pack as I had planned.

/MartinF

• I am planning to purchase Bitdefender for a number of computers at my home. I have both Windows 7, 8.1 and Mac OS X machines. I was planning to purchase the Family Pack or the Mac & PC pack, but I cannot find any information about if those packages contains the Windows 8 services or not?

Since Win 8 and Win 8.1 are listed under the "System Requirements" for Family Pack 2015,

you should be fine. It will protect those systems. See:

bitdefender DOT com/solutions/family-pack.html

Scroll down and click on the "SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS" link at the left to get the PDF file:

Family_Pack_2015_System_requirements.pdf