Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender + Windows Defender?

Options
Blezza
edited January 2015 in General

I was just wondering if it's still neccessary to deactivate windows firewall for bitdefender (antivirus plus 2015) ? It didn't do it automatically for me. Also when i deactivate it i get that flag icon that it's off, if i do need to have it off how do i remove that? It's kind of annoying.

Using windows 8.1 btw. I tried searching for the info but found no fresh information on this.

Comments

• I was just wondering if it's still neccessary to deactivate windows firewall for bitdefender (antivirus plus 2015) ? It didn't do it automatically for me. Also when i deactivate it i get that flag icon that it's off, if i do need to have it off how do i remove that? It's kind of annoying.

Using windows 8.1 btw. I tried searching for the info but found no fresh information on this.

Dont disable Windows Firewall, bitdefender antivirus plus doesn't has a firewall

• So it doesn't protect in real time then? Or is that unrelated?

• Rohugh
    Options
    So it doesn't protect in real time then? Or is that unrelated?

Hello Blezza,

You are fully protected in real time by Bitdefender antivirus, you will have to leave the Windows firewall active as calcu007 said, some users like to have the choice of using a different firewall. Bitdefender Total Security, Internet Security and Windows 8 Security have a firewall.

Ro.