[Sent To Developers] Bitdefender Blocks Uplay From Ubisoft

Hello!

I just downloaded the game-platform Uplay from Ubisoft, which is comparable to Steam or Origin. But there is a problem only with Uplay and Bitdefender IS. Any download seem to be blocked or very slow.

If I uninstall Bitdefender the download runs very good. Otherwise Bitdefender runs very nice so far. :wub: So please check that problem with Uplay and IS. Besides, Steam and Origin have no probs with Bitdefender, they run well.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Will the problem be solved?

• Hiya Marky,

It would be wise to send in a Sample or URL Submit form if it is being detected as a false positive.

http://www.bitdefender.com/site/Main/autom...SampleUploader/

Ro.

• File size is about 25MB, so no upload possible. It is not directly the uplay.exe, but its Downloads for the games get slow or blocked by using Bitdefender Internet Security 2015. Some other security suites don't block Uplay's downloads.

• OK, I still recommend you contact BD, try this and explain your problem -

https://www.facebook.com/bitdefender/app_268724459959771

Ro.

• Yes, thanks. That page looks good, I will add a screenshot.

• Hello,

We are aware of this situation with Uplay and we are currently working on a fix for it.

In the meantime please apply the workaround below to allow the software to function as designed.

- First of all restart the computer in Safe Mode;

- In Safe Mode open the folder: C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2015;

- Locate the file: 'update_components.xml';

- Right click on it and select 'Edit' or select 'Open with' and then 'Wordpad' from the list;

- Once the file is open, look for the '<Product enabled="1"' string;

- Replace the '1' number with '0' and save the modification;

- Locate the file 'bdtl.dll' in the same folder and either rename it or delete it;

- Restart the computer normally;

Once the fix is complete, it will be released in a product update. We will also post an announcement here.

Thank you for your patience.

• Yeah thanks, that helps for the moment.

• Anything new about that issue?

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello all,

I have requested an update from the Bitdefender development team regarding this case and will get back to you as soon as I receive one.