Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Ruined My Boot Time

Options

Hey all

My friend gave me a key for BD-AV 2015 since I couldn't get it with my gmail.

I uninstalled my AVG from my freshly formatted and upgraded laptop with 500GB.

It's boottime before I installed BD was around 1 minute.

After the installation it increased to 2:35 and now after 5 days off being aboard in Paris/Geneva for CERN; without having my laptop I returned today seeing my boottime increased to 3:45 minutes.

I have already EDITED my MSCONFIG, CCleaner Startup Optimizer and BD-AV's Startup Optimizer.

I dont want to restore my laptop just because of BD.

I read that BD has a startup scan for changed items during boot time that ruins your boottime.

Please help me regarding how to stop that or help me fix my boottime

Comments

• Rohugh
    Options

Hello Arszilla,

You can turn off the boot scan by going to GUI>Protection>Antivirus (gear icon)>check the custom scan box>Miscellaneous tab>uncheck early boot scan.

I did that on my Windows 7 machine and the boot time is almost normal. :)

Ro.

• Hello Arszilla,

You can turn off the boot scan by going to GUI>Protection>Antivirus (gear icon)>check the custom scan box>Miscellaneous tab>uncheck early boot scan.

I did that on my Windows 7 machine and the boot time is almost normal. :)

Ro.

I did it but it looks like this

http://prntscr.com/60jmwc

Shouldnt the custom box have a tick now?

• Rohugh
    Options
    I did it but it looks like this

http://prntscr.com/60jmwc

Shouldnt the custom box have a tick now?

No tick, so that is correct, you return to the normal scans, not the custom scan. If you check again with the remove boot scan check box it will be unticked.

Ro.

• Thanks but still, its 2:28 minutes instead of 1 minute

Any other tips?

I know its bitdefender btw because Steam etc was on my old laptop format (before the upgrade of my HDD) and i had Avira Free (older one) and I never had this issue because I still have EVERYTHING the same from my old laptop except my antivirus

• Rohugh
    Options

OK, allow a few more boot_s to see if it changes, do you have any other security programs running, not only other AVs but anti-malware, spywear or adware? If so, remove them as BD does not like those programs, especially if they are running in real time.

If the long boot still persists you need to contact BD Support from GUI>top dropdown>Help and Support.

[/size]

• OK, allow a few more boot_s to see if it changes, do you have any other security programs running, not only other AVs but anti-malware, spywear or adware? If so, remove them as BD does not like those programs, especially if they are running in real time.

If the long boot still persists you need to contact BD Support from GUI>top dropdown>Help and Support.

[/size]

I only have BD-AV

I wont restart for now 'cause of my school work atm. Will let you all soon

• You say you removed AVG but did you use the AVG removal tool? If you didn't there might still be remnants of AVG left over that are causing a slow boot up.

• You say you removed AVG but did you use the AVG removal tool? If you didn't there might still be remnants of AVG left over that are causing a slow boot up.

I used the uninstall option in contol panel plus I used CCleaner to clean it up afterwards/

• I used the uninstall option in contol panel plus I used CCleaner to clean it up afterwards/

AS CCleaner focuses on safety,it does miss some keys,quite a few actually.I would run the AVG removal tool as well,and then see where you are at.