Win 7. Bd Changes Windows Update Settings In Action Center?

Recently updated from BD TS 2014 to BD TS 2015.

Also noticed again recently that on every boot-up Action Centre reports that Windows Update is turned off, I reset Update to 'Auto download and install'. Next boot the same message that Update is turned off.

Anyone else had this problem? I am not accusing BD of this but the problem started around the same time and I never had this problem running TS 2014.

I would like to disable BD in the startup to see if it makes a difference. I disabled under msconfig but BD still loaded, also disabled under CCleaner, BD still launched.

Is there a safe way to temporarily disable BD TS?

Comments

• ozziebear
    ozziebear ✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Recently updated from BD TS 2014 to BD TS 2015.

Also noticed again recently that on every boot-up Action Centre reports that Windows Update is turned off, I reset Update to 'Auto download and install'. Next boot the same message that Update is turned off.

Anyone else had this problem? I am not accusing BD of this but the problem started around the same time and I never had this problem running TS 2014.

I would like to disable BD in the startup to see if it makes a difference. I disabled under msconfig but BD still loaded, also disabled under CCleaner, BD still launched.

Is there a safe way to temporarily disable BD TS?

Hi...Check your profile settings. The Work, Movie and Game settings will all disable the automatic Window updates.

• Hi...Check your profile settings. The Work, Movie and Game settings will all disable the automatic Window updates.

:wub: :wub: :rolleyes: Brill...e....ant!

I've been struggling to find the cause for ages, never for one moment would I have thought Important Windows Updates would be turned off by default!!

I have of course turned that off in profiles. I notice that there are the three you have noted but on the profile dropdown there is a 'Standard' profile, would you happen to know how this differs from the other 3 as there seems no options for this?

My grateful thanks for your reply, I can now sleep in peace again.....

• ozziebear
    ozziebear ✭✭✭
    edited February 2015

:wub: :wub: :rolleyes: Brill...e....ant!

I've been struggling to find the cause for ages, never for one moment would I have thought Important Windows Updates would be turned off by default!!

I have of course turned that off in profiles. I notice that there are the three you have noted but on the profile dropdown there is a 'Standard' profile, would you happen to know how this differs from the other 3 as there seems no options for this?

My grateful thanks for your reply, I can now sleep in peace again.....

Hi...Glad I could help in some way. The only info I could find on Standard Mode is this quote from the BDTS 2015 user manual. 'If you decide to not use Profiles ,a default profile called Standard is enabled and It brings no optimization to your system.

• Hi...Glad I could help in some way. The only info I could find on Standard Mode is this quote from the BDTS 2015 user manual. 'If you decide to not use Profiles ,a default profile called Standard is enabled and It brings no optimization to your system.

Thanks, first I will have to find, and then read, the 'manual' !!