Safepay Problem With Paypal Website

Seems to have started yesterday, was working ok until then. In safepay, I get to the PayPal login screen. As soon as I start typing my username in the credentials text box, mouse pointer changes to wait icon, safepay freezes (along with everything else), then greys out. Stays like that for 1-2 minutes, then crashes and terminates.

Can someone please advise on this? At the moment it is unusable.

I am using the Bitdefender 2015 suite, on a computer running Windows 7, 64-bit.

Thanks,

The Douros

Comments

• Update:

The PayPal website has various points (screens) for logging in. Not all of them have the problem described above.

One that seems to work ok (i.e. user can log in without Safepay crashing) is this one:

https://www.paypal.com/uk/login

Still, this is not right - should work with all of them. Either just work, or produce a meaningful error message if the page is blocked due to a detected vulnerability.

Thanks,

The Douros

• Moldoveanu Marius
    Moldoveanu Marius Senior QA Engineer ✭✭✭

Hello,

can you check if this issue is still manifesting itself ?

Thank you.

• camarie
    camarie Principal Software Developer BD Staff
    Seems to have started yesterday, was working ok until then. In safepay, I get to the PayPal login screen. As soon as I start typing my username in the credentials text box, mouse pointer changes to wait icon, safepay freezes (along with everything else), then greys out. Stays like that for 1-2 minutes, then crashes and terminates.

Can someone please advise on this? At the moment it is unusable.

I am using the Bitdefender 2015 suite, on a computer running Windows 7, 64-bit.

Thanks,

The Douros

The issue have been fixed and will be pushed onto the next update. It was a Chromium bug (from 2009...).

Regards,

Cristian