Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2012 Compatibility

I have recently had some issues with malware and have been unable to repair or restore my PC to a designated point. I have therefore attempted to re-install Windows 7. All was going well until entering the activation code. I gave remote access to Microsoft and cutting a long story short, I have been conned by the vendor from whom I bought Windows 7 from in the first place and the Windows 7 code which I had previously used 2 years ago to install it on to a brand new PC has apparently been blocked because it has been subject to multiple use. Unsurprisingly the vendor has declined to offer any help and so at Microsoft's request, I've provided the vendors details to them to deal with as they see fit.

That has not helped with my problem. Whilst I've been able to restore everything on my PC, I don't have a Windows 7 activation code. If I had been in the US, Microsoft would have provided me with an activation code for US$40. However, because I'm outside the US, they say it will cost me the equivalent of US$140 to get my Windows 7 activated and then only with a 3 month guarantee.

Microsoft say they don't offer Windows 7 for sale anymore and I've also had issues with Windows 7 before. Therefore after some deliberation, I've decided I will give Windows 8.1 a try. However when running a compatibility program, it suggests my Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2012 is not compatible. I've been advised I would need to upgrade to 2014, which is compatible. I was also told that I could download it and install it and then use my exisiting product key to activate it. I was told that I could do this at no extra cost

Where should I download the Antivirus 2014 from? When I have clicked on download, I am presented with an empty white box and nothing happens. When I have clicked on renew and upgrade, there is no option to download this without making a payment.

Comments

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭

Hello babyspicefan,

Have you tried from here?

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=46845

Ro.

• Hello babyspicefan,

Have you tried from here?

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=46845

Ro.

Thanks for your reply. I have not had the opportunity to do anything as yet. Today is the first day when I've finished work in the same day I started since my original post. Now I know where to go, I will try it as soon as I can.

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    Additionally, before installing this, make sure that you have uninstalled all security software. You need to do this to avaoid software conflict. smile2.png

You may not be aware but BD checks for incompatible programs on install - http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=209248

As you may already know, during the installation Bitdefender detects any incompatible programs (similar antivirus software mostly) and prompts the users to remove them.

You can see the full list by unpacking the installation kit (with a common archive program) and then opening up extern folder.

• I have found my Windows 7 activation code.

I'm bloody annoyed because I've been searching for it for weeks. Whilst I had everything recovered, I opted to stick with Windows 7 and ended up buying a new copy to get a product key. Less than 24 hours after activating it, I found my old Windows 7 DVD case and its Activation key. My blood boiled for a while to say the least.

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭

A sure fire way of finding something, just buy a new one. -_-

• HEY I HAVE RECENTLY INSTALLED BITDEFENDER ANTIVIRUS PLUS 2012 BUT THIS IS NOT WORKING. EROR MESSAGE IS 'THE LICENSE KEY IS INVALID' BUT I AM INSTALL THIS PRODUCT KYE FIRST TIME, SO PLEASE HELP ME..

• HEY I HAVE RECENTLY INSTALLED BITDEFENDER ANTIVIRUS PLUS 2012 BUT THIS IS NOT WORKING. EROR MESSAGE IS 'THE LICENSE KEY IS INVALID' BUT I AM INSTALL THIS PRODUCT KYE FIRST TIME, SO PLEASE HELP ME..

HEY! WHY DID YOU INSTALL 2012 VERSION, IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG WITH 2015 ... ? MAYBE YOUR KEY IS COMPATIBLE WITH ANTIVIRUS PLUS 2015 AND NOT 2012. :wacko:

This discussion has been closed.