Quick Scan Freezes Computer

On a new computer running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, with Bitdefender Total Security 2015.

We can run System Scan and custom scans just fine, but any time Quick Scan is clicked, the whole computer locks up and the only solution is to use the reset button. Is there a known reason for this and a way to fix the problem?

thanks,

Comments

• Hello Queberjeque,

I suggest you run a repair on Bitdefender. Go to your Start Menu>Control Panel>Programs and Features>double click Bitdefender 2015 and choose "Repair". Let it complete and then reboot your computer. That will hopefully help, if not post back here.

Ro.

• Hello Queberjeque,

I suggest you run a repair on Bitdefender. Go to your Start Menu>Control Panel>Programs and Features>double click Bitdefender 2015 and choose "Repair". Let it complete and then reboot your computer. That will hopefully help, if not post back here.

Ro.

I have the exact same issue, ran the repair, same problem, PC locks up running a quick scan, Windows 7 Professional

• Hello,

I'm having the same issue, Windows 7 home premium 64bit. did the repair yesterday but did not solve issue.