No Selectable Options In Scan Or Quick Scan

In Internet Security 2015, I have no selectable options for Scan and Quick Scan. They are all grayed out. I can only select a schedule. Is this normal?

I do have options to select in Custom Scan.

Thanks,

Harry

Comments

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭

Hiya Harry,

First thing to do, and it often solves the problem, is to run a repair.

Go to Control Panel>Programs and Features>Bitdefender, double click "Bitdefender and choose Repair. When it has all finished and your computer rebooted check again. If there is still a problem, post back.

Ro.

• Hiya Rohugh,

I originally installed Internet Security 2014 about a year ago. If I remember correctly, I did have options for Scan and Quick Scan at that time. Because of many problems, Bitdfender told me to install 2015. I don't think I've had options since. 10 months.

In the last couple of weeks I have reinstalled win 7 twice. Both times using the option to uninstall Internet Security 2015 with the option to reinstall later. Also I have now run the Bitdfender repair routine twice. Still no Scan options. Options only in Custom Scan.

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭

Hi again,

Please contact Bitdefender for them to sort this out. Either by email on bitsy@bitdefender.com or via Help & Support from the top bar drop-down of the GUI.

Ro.

post-175392-1437435182_thumb.jpg

• Thanks Rohugh. Strange problem I guess.

Harry

• Can you also double check if your BD license is installed? 1.gif

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    Can you also double check if your BD license is installed? 1.gif

If so, how can the OP select custom scan and a schedule? Please reply.

• After uninstalling and reinstalling BD, it knew there was a license key on my computer both times.

Bitdefenders solution didn't really help, but this problem isn't really serious enough to keep following through. At least with the Custom Scan I am able to select, and know, what the scan is doing. I may try an uninstall as complete as I can make it, then reinstall.

Thanks for the help folks.