Repair/remove In Each Startup

Hi,

I just installed Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 on my Windows 7, 64-bit machine. Prior to installing Bit, I removed all other programs that I had (Panda Cloud Free, Comodo Firewall, and Malwarebytes). My problem is the following: when I tried to run the first update it asked me to restart the system. In each restart it opens UAC and asks me to repair/remove. I did repair and it wanted to restart again. I did that, and yet again it asked for repair/remove. This time I totally removed it and started from the beginning again. I even disables UAC, but to no avail, the problem is still there.

I am really frustrated with this matter. How can it be fixed?

Comments

• Lionet
    Lionet
    edited July 2015
    I just installed Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 on my Windows 7, 64-bit machine. Prior to installing Bit, I removed all other programs that I had (Panda Cloud Free, Comodo Firewall, and Malwarebytes). My problem is the following: when I tried to run the first update it asked me to restart the system. In each restart it opens UAC and asks me to repair/remove. I did repair and it wanted to restart again. I did that, and yet again it asked for repair/remove. This time I totally removed it and started from the beginning again. I even disables UAC, but to no avail, the problem is still there.I am really frustrated with this matter. How can it be fixed?

Hi Oceanos,

Welcome on the forum!

Well, you are not lucky indeed...

Several tips:

I suppose you already followed the advice concerning the firewall?

update errors

Did you fully deinstall the other antimalware softwares? -> help with Ccleaner, but it could be necessary to do that in safe mode.

Did you restart the computer after you disabled the UAC and before installing again BD?

Windows 7 makes it much easier to deal with UAC settings, you don’t have to completely disable UAC if you don’t want to. Just type UAC into the start menu or Control Panel search box.

According to a topic (below) it could be an issue with the BD uninstaller.

You could try that:

uninstall BD in safe mode

:huh:

Regards,

L.

• Oceanos
    edited July 2015
    Hi Oceanos,

Welcome on the forum!

Well, you are not lucky indeed...

Several tips:

I suppose you already followed the advice concerning the firewall?

update errors

Did you fully deinstall the other antimalware softwares? -> help with Ccleaner, but it could be necessary to do that in safe mode.

Did you restart the computer after you disabled the UAC and before installing again BD?

Windows 7 makes it much easier to deal with UAC settings, you don’t have to completely disable UAC if you don’t want to. Just type UAC into the start menu or Control Panel search box.

According to a topic (below) it could be an issue with the BD uninstaller.

You could try that:

uninstall BD in safe mode

:huh:

Regards,

L.

Hi Lionet,

first, let me say that I am able to install the program. Bit also makes updates. Even when I disable the UAC completely and restart, I will see again the window that asks me to repair or remove. Do you mean that I have to reinstall Bit with UAC off?

Yes, I have completely removed all the traces of the previous programs with CCleaner.

Best

• Bit also makes updates.

Hi Oceanos,

Sorry concerning this trail, I read

when I tried to run the first update
    I thought you could not have updates available...

OK,you could try to install BD with UAC off... although I'm not sure it will fix the problem.

If it does not work, there is the customer link below:

Bitdefender contact

in case the admin on the forum is off for the week-end.

-_-

Regards,

L.

• Oceanos
    edited July 2015
    Hi Oceanos,

Sorry concerning this trail, I read I thought you could not have updates available...

OK,you could try to install BD with UAC off... although I'm not sure it will fix the problem.

If it does not work, there is the customer link below:

Bitdefender contact

in case the admin on the forum is off for the week-end.

-_-

Regards,

L.

I tried with UAC off, still the problem is here.

I already sent the question to the company.

The funny thing is that happens to both of my computers: laptop and PC at home.