High System Cpu Usage

This started recently but while idle, there's been a high CPU usage in the system process. Using Process Explorer, it's been narrowed down to:

* avc3.sys!StartProfilingTimer+0x4700

* avc3.sys!StartProfilingTImer+0x5130

As far as I know these are both BitDefender drivers.

Comments

• Hi Overlord, I think the first step that you should do here is to make sure to run a system update. What version do you currently have on? 1.gif

• Version of what? BD, Windows? If Windows, version of what? You want me to list every KB installed?

• Lionet
    edited July 2015
    Version of what? BD, Windows? If Windows, version of what? You want me to list every KB installed?

Hi OverlordQ,

Maybe you could give information on your system, it could help anyway.

I do not think bocaratonsh wants you to list every KB installed but to ask you what is your Windows version (XP, 7, 8..), if it is updated as well as Bitdefender.

The thread below deals with CPU usage in line with your problem. Seems there is an update to come and fix this issue.

high CPU usage

Hope it comes soon.

-_-

Regards,

L.

• It's Win 7.

That thread is related to CPU usage by bdagent.exe, this is CPU usage caused by kernel drivers affecting the system process. So probably not related (although could be)

• bump

windows 10.

system and BD are updated to last updates

• i think i am uninstalling it.

7-8% of constant CPU usage on 3ghz i7 is ridiculous

• Same here!

7% CPU used by avc3.sys when all Bitdefender services are turned off and nothing else is running on the PC.

I understand that virus protection comes at CPU cost, but when there is no scans to run, why use 7% of i7???