Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 And Windows 10 64-bit

TBFreaq
edited August 2015 in General

Hello,

I recently upgraded from a clean install of Windows 8.1 Update 1 64-Bit to Windows 10 64-Bit. Bitdefender hasn't been installed before the upgrade.

The installation finished successfully and the protection is working so far.

But I've got many problems with other programs, when I have Bitdefender enabled.

1.) Mail and Contacts doesn't seem to work. It won't load my E-Mails, unless I disable Bitdefender.

2.) The XBox App doesn't work, unless I deactivate Bitdefender.

3.) Watching videos in Microsoft Edge results in a crash of my Video Card driver, unless Bitdefender is disabled.

4.) Watching streams/YouTube-videos is nearly impossible. It just keeps on buffering, unless (you've probably guessed it) I deactivate Bitdefender. (Downloading videos from YouTube with JDownloader (and Bitdefender enabled) is possible without any problems (~3MB/s))

5.) Starting the system needs a very long time (without Bitdefender installed, it was really really quick) (SSD)

6.) Installation of Mozilla Firefox fails, unless I deactivate Bitdefender. When I try to access a HTTPS site with it, it says, that it can't establish a connection (Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome work fine)

7.) Browsing can sometimes be very slow (Downloads aren't affected). Trying to delete an E-Mail on gmail.com (accessing it directly via browser) is not possible. It keeps on loading forever.

8.) Sometimes a notification pops up, that the Firewall of Bitdefender and the Spyware protection has been deactivated (system message). This happens around 1hr after startup and only once.

9.) Windows Update can't load any Updates, except Bitdefender has been disabled.

I really hope somebody can help me! (I didn't encounter any of these problems with a free solution of another company)

Greets, TBFreaq

P.S.: I'm from Germany, but decided to write in the English Forum because support is faster.

Comments

• omg. thats huge . I suggest you to use the uninstall tool and after to reinstall bitdefender by the download here http://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/total-security.html

• Uh, how would downloading Total Security help when he's running Bitdefender Internet Security?

Try this link - http://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/internet-security.html

• Sorry, that it took so long for me to reply.

After I had deinstalled Bitdefender completely using the Tool, everything worked fine. Even after a restart.

When I installed Bitdefender Internet Security again, everything was like before.

I just don't understand how a big company can release such a buggy version of their solution.

Greets, Yannick

• I just don't understand how a big company can release such a buggy version of their solution.

Hi TBFreaq,

BD missed the point indeed, but if I consider the history of computer companies, some others and not the smallest issued new versions riddled with bugs.

Remember Microsoft's two older versions rather crappy? It was not altogether their fault, but as soon as you want to cover a worldwide market (processors, motherboards, memory, system... Join the club ♣ of bugs potentially developments!

And once again, a new system is a bigger nut to swallow than a peripheral program such as a cards game.

Regards,

L.

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    edited August 2015

TBFreaq,

You did download the correct version of Bitdefender 2015 Windows 10?

Correct links from the German forum.

BD TS 2015 Win 10 runs well for me, one or two small problems but certainly not the mess you describe.

Ro.

• I downloaded the ones offered directly on www.bitdefender.de.

I just deinstalled and installed Bitdefender again, but this time using the Offline Installer from the Link Rohugh mentioned.

But again all I can say is: If Bitdefender is not installed everything works just fine. After I install Bitdefender Apps, Streams, YouTube, etc. won't work anymore. (Verified by watching the same video with and without Bitdefender installed).

So everything remains the same.

BTW I really really appreciate your help. Definitely one of the best communities!

Greets, TBFreaq

• hi @tbfreaq my laptops vostro 5470 i5 + 8gb ram + 256SSD hyperx has problems too on windows x64 <_< If i uninstall bitdefender everything works like a charm :rolleyes: . For me its a big lose because i cant use my favorite antirivirus Bitdefender Internet security :wacko:

• So I´m not the only one. That's good to hear!