Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

System Tray Icon Gone Though Bd Still Running

Options

BDTS 2015 user, new license. Just noticed the tray icon is no longer there. (It was visible during the trial.) If I go to the tray's Customize window, BD shows up in that list, with "Show icon and notifications" selected, but it's not in the tray or the '<<' expension thereof.

Tried choosing the other options in Customize, but no joy. Any ideas? It's still running -- visible in Task Manager -- but I'd like to have the tray icon available vs. using up space with a desktop shortcut.

TIA

Mark

Comments

• Rohugh
    Options

Hello Mark,

Have you tried to reboot your computer, that sometimes persuades the tray icon to show up.

If not, Run a repair from the Control Panel. Programs & Features - Bitdefender 2015. Double click it and choose Repair. This may solve your other problem as well.

Let us know how you get on.

Ro. I

• kellycraven
    Options

Repairing through the Control Panel fixed this problem for me after an upgrade to Windows 10 messed it up. This was also preventing automatic updating, so repairing was a necessary step.

A confusing part of this process is that the only selection for Bitdefender in Control Panel is to uninstall. Double-clicking to remove will start Bitdefender so that there is an option to Repair or Uninstall.

YET!!!! It still did not function properly until I used the Bitdefender Cleaner Tool to get rid of ALL Bitdefender stuff, then used the offline setup to reinstall from scratch. This may not be necessary if not on Win10.

Even after the full clean install there may be other features that still aren't running or don't seem to be running if on Win10. We assume those issues will be addressed eventually.

• Hello Mark,

Have you tried to reboot your computer, that sometimes persuades the tray icon to show up.

If not, Run a repair from the Control Panel. Programs & Features - Bitdefender 2015. Double click it and choose Repair. This may solve your other problem as well.

Let us know how you get on.

Ro. I

Hi Ro. The Repair did work, for the tray icon (so far at least, through 2 reboots). No luck with the other issue though; will reply there.