Windows 10 Issue

ackempf
edited August 2015 in General

It seems that I am running into a relatively significant issue with BitDefender Total 2015 and Windows 10. Following my first restart after upgrading my BitDefender, I have been unable to access the internet. Please note, I have internet connection, as confirmed from my task bar, my router and modem, and my other devices. The first time it happened (the day Windows 10 came out), I chalked it up to a Windows 10 issue, hit a restore point and didn't worry about it. Then it happened a second time the following day so I simply wiped my PC. My friend, who also was running Windows 10 with BitDefender had the same thing occur yesterday, internet connection but unable to access the internet, which led me to reinstall BitDefender today to see if it was the cause. Low and behold, I lost internet connection following the first restart as previously stated and proceeded to use the uninstall tool (I downloaded it prior to restarting incase my hunch was correct). Once the uninstall finished, I was magically able to access the internet again.

Has anyone else experienced this? I am assuming it isn't a conscience that my friend and I ran into the same issue with BitDefender and both "fixed" the issue by uninstalling the product.

If this is not the right place for me to post this, please guide me.

Thank you for any input you may have.

Edit I ran across a thread on here that mentioned this issue.

b ) under firewall, if block internet sharing is enabled all the PCs loose internet access.

Does this sound correct? and if so, why would the product decide to switch to that setting without the users input?

Comments

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    edited August 2015

Hello AlexKempf and welcome to the forums,

Sorry to hear of your problems, I am running Windows 10 with Bitdefender Total Security 2015 with no problems. Where did you download the BD program from and which version was it? You should download from here - http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=58943 and the version is 19.2.0.142.

Edit: I have the "Block Internet Connection Sharing" enabled.

Ro.

• Hello AlexKempf and welcome to the forums,

Sorry to hear of your problems, I am running Windows 10 with Bitdefender Total Security 2015 with no problems. Where did you download the BD program from and which version was it? You should download from here - http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=58943 and the version is 19.2.0.142.

Ro.

I have had the same issue after the upgrade i lost my internet connection and i have reset the firewall setting to enable internet sharing ihave tried this 4 times now and reinstalled win 10 3 times every time i uninstall bitdefender all works fine. Its anoying yhat after reseting the firewall to enable internet sharing that it seems to cure the problem for an hour or so then you llse conection again. This is definatly not the solution to this prblem iam now running win without bitdefender and all has been finefor hours,

WE ARE NOT THE ONLY ONES WITH PROBLEM CHECK THE MICRSOFT WIN 10 FORUMS.

WE NEED MORE HELP FROM BITDEFENDER OR I SHALL SWITCH TO AN AV THAT WORKS.

Regards Topper.

• Edit: I have the "Block Internet Connection Sharing" enabled.

After spending over an hour trying to figure out why I have no internet connection anymore, rolling back all the updates, checking the event log (which is clogged to ###### with errors), checking for driver updates, I discover that BD is able to update itself even though I have no connection. I disabled BD firewall and connection came on right away. But actually, yes, apparently all I need to do is disable Block Internet Connection Sharing.

Microsoft's problem is blaming the modem unconditionally and not offering any other information at all. Microsoft's philosophy is that the user should not know anything about what's going on and is willing to lie to maintain that. How could the modem possibly be the only possible problem if other people and my phone can access the internet?

Tige

• I've had the same issue. Didn't see this thread before I posted it here: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry234014

I came to the conclusion the block may have happened after an overnight update of either Windows 10 or BD, but I'm not sure which. Uninstalling BD cleared the issue.

My BD wouldn't update so I don't know how BD would fix the problem for users automatically.

• Hello AlexKempf and welcome to the forums,

Ro.

AFTER REINSTALLING bd(AGAIN FROM THE SUGESTED SITE AND ENSURING INTERNET SHARING IS ENABLED IT WORKED FINE FOR A DAY. nOW I`M GETTING INTERMITANT INTERNET LOSS?.