Vault File Password Always Invalid.

Hello all,

I'm coming from a format and a fresh installation of Windows 7 64bit but I'm facing a strange issue. I'm trying to open a vault file that was working fine until the last time i accessed it (1 month ago) and I get that the password I type is invalid and that it must be at least 8 characters long. I'm typing random long passwords just to test and this message appears all the time. Any ideas why is this happening?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello,

You need to enter the exact password you chose when you created that file vault, not random ones.

Please try to remember the initial password.

• Hello,

You need to enter the exact password you chose when you created that file vault, not random ones.

Please try to remember the initial password.

Hello,

I'm copy pasting the password from a text file and there is no way its wrong since it has been working for a year now. This is not my fault and it doesn't have to do with wrong password. I created a new vault to try and when I'm entering a wrong password then I get wrong password message and not invalid password.

Please tell me that there is a way to restore the files in the vault...

• Solving my own (non-existing) issue...

It was wrong password afterall. I was using a different variation of my password than the one existing in the text file...

You can mark this as solved.

Thanks

• HoagIV@verizon.net
    edited August 2015

So I just installed Windows 10 and had to reinstall Bitdefender, and now my file vaults always say incorrect password going through Bitdefender. Or through File Explorer it just doesn't open. I even created a new one to use and it even says the password is incorrect, but it worked yesterday. However they open on operation systems below Windows 10. Is this a very annoying glitch? Better question is when will it be fixed?

I also just realized that I wasn't signed in. Tried signing in. Won't let me. "Unexpected error..." Will Bitdefender ever be user friendly?

• So I just installed Windows 10 and had to reinstall Bitdefender, and now my file vaults always say incorrect password going through Bitdefender. Or through File Explorer it just doesn't open. I even created a new one to use and it even says the password is incorrect, but it worked yesterday. However they open on operation systems below Windows 10. Is this a very annoying glitch? Better question is when will it be fixed?

I also just realized that I wasn't signed in. Tried signing in. Won't let me. "Unexpected error..." Will Bitdefender ever be user friendly?

This is true .. I am having the same issue after installing windows 10 , password for vault is not working any more " BIT DEFENDER" defend us