Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Windows 10, Action Center And Bitdefender

Options

Something strange happened earlier today after I installed BitDefender Internet Security 2015.

After a reboot to complete the installation, the system restarted with my action center off (deactivated). When I accessed the settings, I was informed that another program was running the action center. The whole problem is that I stop getting notifications (email etc). I tried everything (disable action profile in BitDefender etc) and couldn't solve it. Even after I have uninstalled, I couldn't restore my action center and had to reinstall the system.

Note: before BitDefender Internet Security 2015 installation, I was using BitDefender Free Edition and the action center was working perfectly.

Someone has experienced the same?

Sry for my english.

Comments

• Sorry, is BitDefender Total Security, not Internet Security.

• I have the same problem too.

• Something strange happened earlier today after I installed BitDefender Internet Security 2015.

After a reboot to complete the installation, the system restarted with my action center off (deactivated). When I accessed the settings, I was informed that another program was running the action center. The whole problem is that I stop getting notifications (email etc). I tried everything (disable action profile in BitDefender etc) and couldn't solve it. Even after I have uninstalled, I couldn't restore my action center and had to reinstall the system.

Note: before BitDefender Internet Security 2015 installation, I was using BitDefender Free Edition and the action center was working perfectly.

Someone has experienced the same?

Sry for my english.

Hi medeirosvn,

Your English is fine!

The usual motto concerning windows10 is:

Deinstall BD, upgrade to W10, reinstall BD.

Maybe you could have deleted completely the free edition before.

Rule1: One & only one firewall, one & only one antivirus.

You could check other topics about the free version...

Regards,

L.

• Same problem with me here on Windows 10 Pro running Bitdefender Total Security 2015... Notifications are "off" - it reads "No new notifications (off)"... I found out how to temporarily fix them though...

Open Regedit: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PushNotifications

Change the value on: NoToastApplicationNotification

Set it to: 0 (it was probably set to 1)

Log out, and log back in... notifications work again as normal.

Bad part is, something within Bitdefender will reset this back to 1 again, and it will block notifications again and again. <sigh>

Can someone from Support please comment on this?

post-193347-1439948254_thumb.jpg

• Same problem with me here on Windows 10 Pro running Bitdefender Total Security 2015... Notifications are "off" - it reads "No new notifications (off)"... I found out how to temporarily fix them though...

Open Regedit: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PushNotifications

Change the value on: NoToastApplicationNotification

Set it to: 0 (it was probably set to 1)

Log out, and log back in... notifications work again as normal.

Bad part is, something within Bitdefender will reset this back to 1 again, and it will block notifications again and again. <sigh>

Can someone from Support please comment on this?

I see the same icon as yours.

I have just uninstalled bitdefender to see if my notifications were turning on but the icon stays the same, I start thinking that is just normal?

• plasmax
    edited August 2015
    Options

Found 2 solutions to this, not sure which one of them did the trick, but it's fixed now!

Solution 1:

Disable the Profiles in Bitdefender. Tools > Profiles

Solution 2:

1. Click Start

2. Type in regedit.exe

3. Hit Enter

4. Go to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PushNotifications

5. Set to 0 the value next to NoToastApplicationNotification

6. Reboot your machine.

---

Hope this helps.

• I have this same problem. Bitdefender should really fix this, should not have to modify the registry to get an os feature working......

John