Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

More Than 50000 Unscanned Items Please Help Asap!

Options
Proguy555
edited August 2015 in General

Hello,

I ran a system scan that lasted unbelievably long (9 hours and 30 min approx.).

Anyways, after my Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 was done scanning it had alittle more than 50000 skipped items, which I cheked in the log file of the scan.

It said to all of the files that the reason was that the "file was not found".

All the files skipped seem to be from the same area of my PC, which is weird.

Please help and reply back ASAP.

Attatched is a screenshot showing the location of some of the skipped files, they all are located in the same area.

And the second attatchment is showing the amount of items skipped.

Thanks for reading.

PLEASE REPLY ASAP.

post-193574-1440551670_thumb.png

post-193574-1440551787.png

Comments

• Lionet
    edited August 2015
    Options

Hello,

Anyways, after my Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 was done scanning it had alittle more than 50000 skipped items, which I cheked in the log file of the scan.

Hi Proguy555,

Welcome on the forum!

If you suspect your BD software to go weird, you'd better repair it:

repair BD

Unless it is a big bug...

Cordialement,/regards

L.

edit: Please give information on your system.

• Hello,

It said to all of the files that the reason was that the "file was not found".

All the files skipped seem to be from the same area of my PC, which is weird.

Please help and reply back ASAP.

Attatched is a screenshot showing the location of some of the skipped files, they all are located in the same area.

And the second attatchment is showing the amount of items skipped.

Thanks for reading.

PLEASE REPLY ASAP.

Hi!

To add to my previous message.

Give information on your system.

Do you have only one antivirus? only one firewall?

You'd better fully deinstall any other antimalware suite.

Regards,

L.

• Rohugh
    Options

Proguy555,

Skipped files are explained here, nothing to worry about - http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=142688

Whilst your scan took a considerable time, hopefully next time you run a scan it will be a lot quicker. :)

Ro.

• Hello,

Thank you for replying and welcoming me to the forums Lionet and Rohugh.

To Lionet:

Bitdefender is my only antivirus that I am using, but with that I have Malware Bytes Anti-Malware running and that is it. Malware Bytes is supposed to be running side-by-side with the antivirus, its mostly for extra protection, that is all I have running for protection on my system.

It has taken as long as this in previous system scans on my system as well, atleast 7+ hours.

Please let me know what I should do next and reply back,

Thanks.

• Rohugh
    Options

Hiya,

Running two active security scanners may be causing your problems. Disable or uninstall MBAM and run the Bitdefender system scan again.

Ro.

• Proguy555
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Hiya,

Running two active security scanners may be causing your problems. Disable or uninstall MBAM and run the Bitdefender system scan again.

Ro.

Hello Ro,

I havent replied back for a few days, I was out of town away from my PC.

Anyways, I thought it was okay because you said these unscanned files were safe?

Should I do a system scan once again please let me know?

Thanks. Please reply back ASAP.

• Rohugh
    Options

Hi Proguy,

Yes, run another system scan, without MBAM as I said, and let us know the results.

Ro.