Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 Using Excessive Ram Constantly

Options

Our Norton licenses are about to expire and I decided to try out Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 as a trial before migrating to the new brand. I installed it in a fresh windows 10 system. To my dismay, Bitdefender's 3 processes (bdagent, vsserv, updatesrv) are always using up around 500MB of RAM !!! vsserv alone uses around 340 MB (working set) and 470 MB (private set). I can understand high memory usage, but this seems a bit excessive. Is this amount normal for people running this security product?

Carl

Comments

• Jixy
    Options

Admin, please close (or delete) this thread. I have uninstalled Bitdefender and no longer need an answer. Thank you all the same.

Carl

• Our Norton licenses are about to expire and I decided to try out Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 as a trial before migrating to the new brand. I installed it in a fresh windows 10 system. To my dismay, Bitdefender's 3 processes (bdagent, vsserv, updatesrv) are always using up around 500MB of RAM !!! vsserv alone uses around 340 MB (working set) and 470 MB (private set). I can understand high memory usage, but this seems a bit excessive. Is this amount normal for people running this security product?

Carl

Hi Jixy,

Welcome on the forum!

Really, it's too bad to come on the forum simply to tell you leave...

1) Are you sure you fully deinstall the former antimalware version?

2) the memory used is not really huge, considering most modern system have more than 6 GoB memory... and I suppose people do not install W10 on old 2005 systems with 2 Gb systems... if they do that, it's too bad... (not to give BD a comfortable excuse, but I hoped to other AM forums tonight and found a few people have some memory issues too... so... if I do not have the numerous memory issues that people have, (I have the 2014 version) it just confirms there are two kind of people: the brilliant beta test people (with the latest unproofed software) and the cautious, shy, dull morons (like me) who wait for the bug proofed version... ;) Do not expect me to choose W8, W10... I stick to W7 and I even write from an old XP machine! :blink:

Good luck to you, whatever the software you choose!

L.

• Jixy
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Hi Jixy,

Welcome on the forum!

Really, it's too bad to come on the forum simply to tell you leave...

1) Are you sure you fully deinstall the former antimalware version?

2) the memory used is not really huge, considering most modern system have more than 6 GoB memory... and I suppose people do not install W10 on old 2005 systems with 2 Gb systems... if they do that, it's too bad... (not to give BD a comfortable excuse, but I hoped to other AM forums tonight and found a few people have some memory issues too... so... if I do not have the numerous memory issues that people have, (I have the 2014 version) it just confirms there are two kind of people: the brilliant beta test people (with the latest unproofed software) and the cautious, shy, dull morons (like me) who wait for the bug proofed version... ;) Do not expect me to choose W8, W10... I stick to W7 and I even write from an old XP machine! :blink:

Good luck to you, whatever the software you choose!

L.

Thanks for the prompt response :) The machine I am testing with is a new gaming Asus Rog Laptop with Intel i7 processor and 16 GB RAM, so the rig itself is not an issue. And yes, I had completely removed the previous security software before installing Bitdefender. I agree with you that higher RAM usage is to be expected with new security software but in all honesty, 500MB is a bit excessive. Some of the older machines I was considering on buying Bitdefender for have around 4GB so I expect performance impact on them. I do believe that Bitdefender is a good product, but the RAM usage is a deal killer for me for now.

CC