Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can Bitdefender Be Temporarily 'disabled'?

Sometimes when I am installing programs or running a backup (or whatever) I like to turn off unnecessary running processes. I have many programs that allow you to do that with just a click. I see no way to do that with Bitdefender. I have tried using Services, Task Manager and MSCONFIG. Bitdefender actually prevents those from turning it off. This concerns me that the program has locked me out from making changes to it that I want to. I thought I noticed that there is a problem with Windows Update. I see elsewhere on this forum that I am not alone. For now I have uninstalled Bitdefender while I investigate these issues.

Comments

• Sometimes when I am installing programs or running a backup (or whatever) I like to turn off unnecessary running processes. I have many programs that allow you to do that with just a click. I see no way to do that with Bitdefender. I have tried using Services, Task Manager and MSCONFIG. Bitdefender actually prevents those from turning it off. This concerns me that the program has locked me out from making changes to it that I want to. I thought I noticed that there is a problem with Windows Update. I see elsewhere on this forum that I am not alone. For now I have uninstalled Bitdefender while I investigate these issues.

Agreed. BD really do need to install a "button" on the principal control panel so that users can switch off ALL BD activity with a simple single click. Users have been asking this for years.